𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

- Chapter Four -

Seok ran his hands through both the kid's hair as they leaned on either side of him watching the lady and man at the front door. Seok learnt their names. The woman was Yoon Jisu and the man was Jung Jaeheon. Dusik stated the two shouldn't trust the announcement that had been made worried for them. Jisu reassuring that they would be fine and come back to help the others if its safe as Jaeheon thanked Dusik.

"Don't make a promise you can't keep. I feel as though I should say farewell now." Dusik spoke out as he waved.

Seok looked over at Hyun wanting to know what he was thinking about as Jisu continued her farewell talk with a quote and Dusik firing back a response. Before noticing Hyun picking up his weapon and speaking out.

"Can... Can Seok and I come with you?"

Seok watching feels Yeongsu hold his hoodie tighter with his little free hand that wasn't holding his Dinosaur. Jisu watched this as she spoke out "I guess three or four is better than two, right?" Jaeheon agreeing with this before saying "That is if they want to go." At this Seok looked at Hyun hands resting on the kid's shoulders now. Hyun looking at this before looking at Seok's eyes as if silently asking him to go with him.

Seok knew Hyun need him to go with them. With a sharp breath in, he let it out in a short sigh nodding with a hum as if to say he was going causing Hyun's shoulders to relax before Seok moved away from the two kids turning to them saying softly.

"We'll be back Yeongsu, Suyeong, take care of Dusik yeah?" Causing the two kids to smile lightly.

As the two boys joined the other two at the door Yeongsu tells the boys to come back soon, both boys agreeing. Seok looked over at the lady giving her a polite nod which he got a warm smile in return, it felt nice.

As they left all of them heard Hyun ask Seok "What will you do now that your knife is gone?" To which Seok responded confidently after deciding something in the early hours yesterday.

"I'm going to use my head and my surroundings Hyun."

It definitely caused the others to be curious about what Seok meant by that exactly.

As the four went down the stairs Jaeheon questioned whether or not it was a smart decision to go down the stairs so casually. Seok hums agreeing with Jaeheon's thoughts until he asked if they should all gather things from the levels they go down.

Seok knew that at this point that would only be wasting time or getting them caught up in trouble. Jisu seemingly having the same thought process as she retorted sharply.

"The most useful thing is our lives."

Until they stumbled upon a corpse, a human corpse after Jisu confirmed that it was in fact a human corpse. Jaeheon commenting on how he was relieved to see a human corpse.

Seok was looking around the area before his eyes narrowed looking around even more when Jisu told them all the body was still warm. Which meant the person had only died recently. Seok wondered if this meant a monster was relatively nearby though he couldn't hear any interference through his headphone.

Frisking the body Jisu found a bar that she threw at Hyun to pocket. Stern as she spoke out quickly.

"You can put it back if you don't want it."

"You're mean." was Hyun's only reply to which Jisu agreed with him. Continuing on as a retort.

"And I can do worse things to survive."

Seok's focus now on the two before slowly grabbing the bar and placing it in Hyun's pocket saying in a quieter tone than the two had just used.

"It's okay."