Chapter 16

We continue.....

I had run off to Nathan's house and pleaded with him,not to tell anyone that I was at his house.

I explained everything that had happened to him.

After staying at his house for 2 days, I went back to my house.
Tachi and I packed all our belongings and left.
At that point I didn't want to be anywhere close to that town,I just wanted to go away to a far place, far from Jackie,far from Miles and far from my past.

I took my resignation letter at liseli investment and I was careful not to let Miles see me, though the receptionist told me he, hadn't been at work for two days.

I understand him very well,I knew he was depressed, hating and it hate me so much that I was the cause of his pain.
I want to go to him, comfort him and tell him whatever I said that day was not true but I couldn't I betrayed Jackie, so I decided walked out of their lives so that I couldn't hate anyone and myself.

I left the keys of the Benz that Miles had bought for me with his drivers.

I went to the Copperbelt and started my life afresh, away from my past, away from Jackie, Nathan and most of all Miles, maybe we could all heal.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

6 months later....

I had started working in shoprite kitwe brunch after seeking for a job for 4 months.

No company was ready to employ me ,most of them giving a reason that I was over qualified so the only place available was shoprite,as general work.

" You must really miss that person?" Mapalo asked me.

This girl had really helped me a lot. She helped me find a job and a place to stay.

My life had really changed,it was like nothing like my past not even a hit. It was like I had gone from hero to zero.

" Why do you ask?" I asked glancing at her and back at my phone screen where there was a picture of Miles.

" You always look at that picture," she told me.

" There are people who you would try to forget but life doesn't just enable you," I said trying so hard not to cry.

" Who is he?" " Remember the story I was telling you that day?" I asked.

" The one where she had to choose between her best friend or boy friend?" She remembered.

" Yes," I answered nodding,"that's my story and this handsome man you see in the picture is Miles,the man I loved,"

" I think you still love him," she said after observing my face for a while.

" It doesn't matter, moreover we will never be together," I told her wiping my tears.

" Why are the two of you not working!" Mr chali the manager shouted and we ran back to work.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. ".

" Hi?" Mark greeted me as I was rushing to the bus station.

" Hi Mark, how are you," I answered with a friend smile.

" Am fine, yourself?" " Am fine I was just rushing to catch a bus before you disturbed me," I said and started walking always but he stopped me.

" I want to invite you for a movie tomorrow since you are not working," he requested.

" I don't know," I said glancing at my wrist watch.

'' please Tionga accept just for once," he pleaded.

" Ok fine can I go now?" I asked and started walking without waiting for him to stop me.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

" Why are you home late?" Janet asked after I had just entered the house.

" Thanks to the stupid man who worsted my time, I had to wait for the last bus," I answered annoyed.

" Which stupid man is it this time?" She asked laughing.

" Mark who else?" I answered as now entered the living room.

" Oh him," she said laughed even more as If anything was funny," so what did he want"

" He wants us go out for a movie tomorrow," I answered trying to turn on the TV," why is the remote not working?"

" I don't know, try to hit the it hard behind," she instructed," and maybe you should give the guy a chance,who knows,"

" Serious janet,". I said looking at her disappointed and hit the back of the remote then the tv immediately turned on.

Miles was the first thing I saw on TV.
He was been interviewed on his biggest sell. This was a project we had been working on together , I was proud he had completed it and it was a success just as we planned.

" Oh my gosh I love this guy," janet said after seeing Miles on TV," he is the only son to zambian's billionaire Mr Liseli and he is handsome. I would do anything to get married to him,"

I broke that guys heart am a monster.

He was seated next to this pretty lady who I concluded was his new girlfriend judging by the way he often looked at her and smiled

So he has moved on here I was , having hope for something that will never be.

Don't forget to vote and comment.....