ML 35

Days later, Christian was out of the hospital and everything was as well as it could be.

"So a lady told you she's pregnant for me and you believe her?".

Ella frowned at Christian.

"Nah, don't give me that look. A lady told you she was pregnant and you're worried about that and not about who shot me?", Christian looked at Ella before turning to Tiesha.

"Well, that's my niece or nephew and daddy will wanna know", Ella replied.

Christian rolled his eyes.

"Daddy is in Eichen house".

"Did you just make a reference to Teen Wolf?", Daqaun looked at him.

"Blame Dublin", Christian said then turned back to Ella.

"Look ma, i ain't nobody's baby daddy and i don't know who the fuck this lady is". 

"I'll have Two pull up the hospital's footage", Tiesha sighed.

"I have to go-to work now. Esther, you have an interview with the media. Christian, go with her and explain your relationship. Might as well let out the skeletons. We already have deeper ones in our cupboard".

"Daquan, please tell Lowe to find that lady".

"Why can't i do it?, Christian frowned.

"Cos you need to heal and lay low. Don't argue", Tiesha said.

"Funny how Ky'mon is coming back to power even when he's in a psychiatric hospital", Daquan said.

"First, that's uncle Ky'mon to you and second, his name alone commands power then his name plus his presence moves things", Tiesha explained, making her way to the door.

"Three days, ma", Christian said.

"What?", Tiesha stopped and turned to look at him.

"If uncle doesn't find her in three days, i will find her myself".

"Okay", Tiesha said then walked out.

Daquan hugged Ella.

"I need to get back to the club, come over later", he said.

He nodded at Christian before he also walked out. Ella then sat down beside Christian and palmed his forehead.

"I'm fine", he removed her hand and turned back to the TV.

"Look Christian, i said i was sorry. I didn't m-", Christian began.

"Nah, you don't owe me an explanation. Listen to me sis, i was only looking out for you and i had to be near dead before you could realize it.  See right now, I'm gonna wash my hands clean off your case".

Then, he pointed at her.
"You have daddy and Daquan".

"You can't seriously still be mad at me", Ella gave him a small frown.

"Actually i can, you did wish me dead remember?. But FYI, i ain't mad, just hurt. Now if you don't mind, i got an interview with some jobless people who make other people's lives their job".

Ella was left dumbfounded as her brother put on his jacket then walked out, slamming the door hard.

Large tears rolled down her face as dialed Kiesha's number.

"Auntie, he still won't forgive me".

"He just needs time dear".

"How much time?, I'm getting fed up. I've tried everything i can but he won't even listen to me".

"Esther, take it easy. He's just upset you chose a stranger over family".

"Haz is not a stranger", Ella defended.

"Whoever he is, he's still not family and you said some pretty harsh things to your brother because of him".

"So what should i do now?".

"Give him time. Lemme tell you a story. Your mom, my sis had this huge fight with uncle Lowe. Something very similar to your current case. Back then, she wasn't even dating your dad yet and when she had to make a big decision, she chose your dad over him. They had this big fight and your uncle acted just like Christian".

"But he later forgave her right?', Ella bit her fingernail.

"Errr well, thing is i had to be in a bad position before they could end the dispute".

"Oh come on, are you saying something has to happen before he forgives me?", Ella asked in frustration.

"I don't think it'll come to that, Your brother loves you very much".

She groaned and Kiesha giggled.

"Just take it easy and give him time. What's Tiesha saying about it anyway?".

"She said it's a sibling spat and we'll settle it that we should grow up and act like adults. We need to learn some lessons by ourselves".

"Trust her to say that", Kiesha sighed.

"Yeah, anyways thanks for the advice".

"Welcome baby, bye".

"Bye auntie, greetings to everyone".

After the call, Ella threw her phone on the sofa.

Then, she picked it up again and dialed someone's number.

"Uhm yeah hi, i don't know if you remember me but it's Esther".

"I know it's you, Esther Bells", the voice replied.

Ella winced at his cold voice.

"Look, I'm really sorry about that day. I had no idea, everything is just being revealed to me".

"Yeah sure", the voice scoffed.

"I swear. Okay, can we just meet up and talk?".

"Why?, to kill me?. Just because your dad's in prison and can't kill me doesn't mean your brother can't".

"No, i d-. Wait, my brother?. How do you know i have a brother?".

"The guy with you the other day", the voice replied.

"Yeah but he never said he was my brother".

The voice kept quiet for a moment before he spoke.

"Apparently i assumed right".

"Boss, he's waiting for you. He said it's about Onika", Ella heard in the background.

She heard shuffling before the voice finally spoke.

"We'll talk later".

"No wait. Let's meet up somewhere so we can talk", Ella quickly interjected.

"Please", she added.

The voice sighed.
"7pm, Arts in Disguise".

Then the call ended.

Ella sighed in relief. Arts in Disguise was a well known strip club.

They never opened until 6pm everyday.

Ella had always wondered how the owner kept the bills paid if the club only opened from six in the evening to eight in the morning.

She checked the time. It was just past two.

She still had enough time to shop for a new dress and heels.

She picked her phone for the third time and dialed someone's number.

"Hey Dub, you wanna go shopping?".

I'm sorry for late update.

I know i broke my promise but it's just been pretty hectic but here's an early new year present.