Prologue

People often ask what love is. Science explained it as a hormonal cycle. People who are into it describe and associate this four-letter word with things to make it sound romantic. Others just don't believe it or don't even care what it is.

But I believe, love is more than just associations and romance. It's beyond what the word itself means.

Love is about surpassing what's beyond limitations. It's more than just what the eyes can see, what the ears can hear, or how people define this four-letter word. Its very essence can be felt in a very unexplainable manner, and you need to be there, to know what it is.

Many times, love starts with one hello. Some have the luxury to develop those unexplainable emotions into a strong force, which ends up in a mutual understanding that leads to commitment. Indeed, those who experience how it is to love and to be loved back are blessed. It is something that words cannot sum up because you need to be in the moment to know how it feels.

But sometimes, the strength may not be enough, and as an outside force might hit the two individuals, that may lead to a heartbreaking goodbye.

The phrases I love you and goodbye, just like the concept of love, are more than just how they are. Just like the whole concept of loving, words will never be enough to explain the impact it does on two people you need to be there to know how it feels.

It takes courage to say I LOVE YOU and it takes bravery to say GOODBYE. GOODBYES and I LOVE YOU'S are sacred, and these words shouldn't be uttered out of context because these words, as mentioned mean more than what they are.

Even if it hurts, and the odds are against the two individuals, will the love they have to be enough to break the limitations set by the world?

Let's all find out.

---

"Let's talk. Please. Let's fix this. Let's meet at our usual."

And that message was left unopened.

But the heart still believes that everything will be fixed if things were being sat down and talked about.

Uncertain as it is, he gets ready. His feet are walking in the direction of the supposed to be meeting place. His mind is floating, his eyes are dropping because of the sleepless nights thinking of ways to fix the situation. Everything was just heavy and against the odds, but the love inside his heart is much stronger against all the outside forces trying to bring his might down.

---

"I'm sorry, Kent."

It was a very sincere apology. I know he is. I can feel that he, as much as I do, is having a hard time in our current situation. But the love we have for each other, isn't that enough to make us stay? Isn't there another way?

"You don't have to. Those are not the words I want to hear from you." I answered coldly, trying not to burst into tears because I cried a river, which I think is enough. What did I do to make turn things around this way?

"I love you, but..."

"Why does it need to always have but's on everything?"

"You do not understand."

I don't. Why does it need to be me? Why is it always me who has a problem? Why is it me every time?

"Understand? If there's someone who understands a lot here it's me."

I hate to say these things because this is not me at all. But I really need to let this out. I need to express what has been bothering me because after all, we're in a relationship. We need to communicate if we want to get these things done.

"Are you counting everything that you have done? Is it only you who is having a hard time dealing with all of this? I thought you would understand me and the situation."

I am not even counting. I am just expressing facts. I am not the person who counts whatever I've done in this relationship. I did all of these because I want this to work. I am just expressing my thoughts. It's too much to handle and I can't take this anymore. I'm hurt so much and I've done so much that I've sacrificed a lot of stuff in my life. Even the relationship with my family.

"This is so unfair. You are so unfair. Why does it need to be me? Why does it need to be me adjusting all the time?"

"If you love me, you would understand."

"If you love me, we would understand."

The two people lost words after these emotions went out of their chests. He can't stop the tears from coming out of his eyes. He was trying to look strong because he still believes that love is stronger than all of these.

Silence is deafening between the two until someone breaks it.

"Let's end this."

He left without looking back. The other party wants to shout and make a move to chase him, but those words are just so weakening that they froze him from doing anything. At that moment, he was still alive on the outside, but he was dying inside because as his lover walks away, he also brought his heart.