ɢᴇᴏʀɢᴇ ᴡᴇᴀꜱʟᴇʏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ (ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ)

"Well, that went like shit"

You came out of the practice NEWTs, knowing you did terribly.
You were a muggleborn Gyffindor and your two best friends were Fred and George Weasley.
You weren't particularly gifted at magic, but how could you be, you thought you were a muggle most your life.

You, Fred and George went to the common room, feeling dazed, and you could just tell that George was pleased with himself.
He was actually one of the smartest people you know, although he always tried to play it down.
As you sit down on the sofa, in front of the fire, George notices your visible frustration.

"Are you alright y/n?" he asked sincerely. "You know, if you ever need any help, like tutoring, then I'll be more than happy to"

"Thanks George, I'll think about it." you reply

You chat amongst yourselves for a while, talking about the future of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, when you decide to go up to bed and contemplate your failing life while drifting off to sleep.

1 week later:

You were sat in Professor McGonagall's class getting your test results back.
The nerves were suddenly getting to you now. Whatever the result would be, you knew it was going to be embarrassing.
As McGonagall gave you yours, she tutted, meaning only one thing.

"11%, you've got to be kidding me."

As you leave class, you see George down the hallway. Catching up to him, you say, "Hey George, I might take up that offer of tutoring, if you wouldn't mind?"
You both just stand there for a minute, and then he smiles.

"Of course y/n, meet me in the common room at 1am."

You nod eagerly, this would help you loads, not mentioning the fact that this meant you two could finally have some time alone.

1am:

The common room was dim and empty as the last burning embers of the fire were sizzling.
You came down from your dorm to see a tall figure sitting on the sofa.
You sit down next to him. He has a butterbeer in his hand and passes one to you. "To keep us up" he says, seeing your confusion.
"If we're able to get you to memorise everything, you'll be able to pass I think." he says, shifting himself so he's closer to you.
For about an hour, he tests you, and by the end of it, you feel actually really confident in yourself.

"Thank you so much George, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"For you y/n, I'd do anything"

For a moment, you just stare into each other's eyes.

"I've got an idea" you whisper, standing up. "I've got some muggle music I can play for you."
You quickly run upstairs and grab a tape. When you come back downstairs, you put on 'There Goes The Fear' by Doves on the cassette player.

"This is actually pretty good" he says. Then he stands up and takes your hand, "Care to dance?"

You didn't even have to think twice, you take his hand and the two of you dance like nothing else in the world matters.
He takes you in his arms and you slow dance for what feels like forever, giggling like little kids.

You rest your head on his shoulder and go even slower. Something in this moment sparks you both as you stare into each other's eyes.
He leans down to kiss you, and you kiss him.
It was sweet and passionate, full of love.

"Y/n, in this moment, you are the most beautiful thing in the entire world."