ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏ ᴍᴀʟꜰᴏʏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴘᴛ 1

It was your 7th year at Hogwarts and you were in the library studying for your NEWTs. After the war, young and some other students decided to come back to finish school. It was winter and there was snow falling against the window outside.
You weren't really bothered about friendship or relationships, you just wanted to do your exams and leave school to work for the ministry.

As you're in the library studying transfiguration, you feel yourself start to wander and reminisce about the times before the war. You used to be best friends with Draco Malfoy, but you decided to cut it off after the war, you had decided that he just wasn't good for you.
You did miss him though; his jokes, his stories, his gorgeous hair and deep, grey eyes. Suddenly you remember not just the friendship, but the crush you had on him for years. You never told him because you were sure he didn't feel the same.
Anyway, you go back to your studying when someone walks in.

You take notice of it, probably just someone else going to study. You keep your head down, when you hear a voice.

"Pst, hey y/n, come here"

You turn around and see him. Draco. You completely forgot he also came back to school.

"What do you want Draco?" you say sternly, he wasn't going to distract you.

"Just meet me in the Head Boy's Dorm at midnight"

You sort of just nod without thinking, then he leaves. "Head Boy's Dorm?" you think to yourself. "He can't be head boy, can he?" "There's no way."

At Midnight:

You head up to the 6th floor to a portrait of an old witch with long, purple hair. You see Draco standing outside. "Ah, so you came. I was beginning to worry", he said, trying not to sound awkward. "Of course I came, but what did you want to talk to me about?", you say.
He doesn't respond, just says the password and leads you in. You came to a room with two sofas and a fire place, with a staircase leading off it. You both go up the stairs and come to a bedroom with a bathroom en suite. "Why are we here?", you ask bluntly. "Just be patient will you", he says as he reaches under the bed.
He pulls out a box wrapped in green and silver. "Open it", he says, handing the parcel to you. You unwrap it to reveal a small box. You open the box to discover a ring, one of his rings, a thick, chunky one.
"You aren't proposing are you?" you say jokily. "No", he responds laughing slightly, "I was meant to give it to you on your birthday, but then the war happened."
At this statement you feel warm again, warm towards him.
"Thank you Draco, that's really kind of you", you respond.
"Oh it's nothing", he says back.

You go down to dinner together and sit opposite each other. You forgot how much you missed him. You catch up, telling each other what NEWTs you're doing, how your year has been, stuff like that, until you check the time and see that you should have been in the library half an hour ago, and rush off, leaving him alone.