𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

- Chapter Six -

Seok leaned against the hallway wall as everyone did a practice run of what to do if a monster got in or someone became infected. Jisu being the one pretending to be infected. Once she was caught and they finished Seok stood underneath the net gently holding onto her through the net just in case they let the rope go. Everyone watched as Seok opened the net saying with a grin at Jisu.

"You should have gone into acting not just music Jisu."

Causing the woman to let out a slight laugh ruffling Seok's hair underneath his hood. Seok stood up also helping Jisu up before turning with a wave in the air not directed at anyone in particular as Seok went to leave to go back to his room. But was stopped by Jisu who asked.

"Do... Do you want to stay out and talk for a few minutes? A few minutes wouldn't hurt." 

It seemed as though no one had any objects to this but Seok shook his head saying "I am just as much infected as Hyun, as long as he is stuck in that room so am I, same goes for when you make us do errands. The reason you feel different is that Hyun doesn't have good social skills, he has been through enough in his life yet still seems to be outcasted."

Seok spoke the truth and didn't care if he made others feel guilty at that moment. They should. Seok let out a sigh reminding them quietly.

"Hyun is 18, so am I. Yes, we are infected but you've seen how well we can hold it back. We are still human, though it seems some of you have already excepted us as monsters instead."

Giving them one more slap of reality showing Hyun and Seok also had human feelings stating.

"You know I wanted to be an author? My mother was an author. I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

Eunyu, Hyeok's sister not knowing much about Seok tried lightening the mood in her usual way asking carelessly.

"Was an author? What happened did she find a different job? Did she like accounting better?"

Seok only looked at the floor his worn hoodie hiding his face as he started walking away his last words as he left being.

"No, she stopped because she died."

Eunyu left quickly regretting what she said but not owning up to it as Jisu glared at her passing figure. No one knew what to do and slowly went on their own ways.

-

Hyeok crossed his arms waiting for Hyun to come back with batteries. Seok who'd not gone this time was also seated waiting for Hyun to come back. It was silent between them too before Hyeok broke it.

"I'm sorry about your mother."

Seok looked up before shrugging saying in a calm voice "It's okay, I made peace with it, She passed a year ago, the same goes for my sister." Lying. They had only died two months ago, but Seok didn't want anyone to know that.

Hyeok shifted in his seat hearing about another family member Seok lost before saying back attempting to let Seok know he wasn't alone in those feelings.

"My parents died a few years ago."

Seok only stared at Hyeok before getting out of his chair moving toward Hyeok leaning down to face him staring as questioned Hyeok.

"Why are you trying to sympathise with me, I'm sorry for your losses but I still don't get why you want to make small talk."

Hyeok only stared up at the boy unsure himself as to why before randomly blurting out.

"Because you're Min Seok."

Confused at the answer Seok stood up from leaning when Hyun dumped a ton of batteries and car keys on the table. Seok had gotten very close to Hyun and in their time together going on errands and being stuck in the room they'd told each other about their pasts and everything.