³⁹ Jenga Tower

"What the fuck Beomgyu." Soobin immediately scolded as the studio door closed.

Yeonjun sat in awe, overjoyed but still processing what had just happened.

He started feeling that tingling sensation when he held your hand again.
It was a sign that there was something still there, a sign that he desperately needed to reassure him.

Though.. he still couldn't hear you

"What?" Beomgyu asked challengingly.

"What are you trying to do?"

"We're just working on a song."

"Hah! 'Working on a song-' Whatever, that's not even why we came here-"

"No," Yeonjun finally snapped out of the trance you'd put him under, now aware what Soobin was suggesting about Beomgyu.

"You can't keep whisking her away from the rest of us, spending alone time with her unsupervised."

"What are you going on about? She's your soulmate but she's also my friend."

"Do you really understand? This soul bond isn't normal! Our lives aren't normal!"

"That doesn't mean you should dictate every decision she makes, breathing down her neck like some kind of creep."

"I haven't been? I haven't even had a proper conversation with her in weeks because of our schedules!"

"How is it my fault that you're a shit soulmate! She deserves better than yo-"

Beomgyu and Soobin jumped at the sudden action; A loud thud echoed through the studio as all other sounds ceased.

Yeonjun's fist stayed pressed against the wall, dented plaster and chipped paint under it.

"Hyung are you okay?" Soobin tried to approach Yeonjun, referring to his fist that had just punched the wall.

"I'm trying.." Yeonjun started, still speaking to Beomgyu.

"I don't think idol life is cut out for soulmates.. I wasn't cut out for it.. but I'm trying.
Maybe I am a shit soulmate, maybe she does deserve better. But we can't change who we're bonded to.. so I'm trying.." His voice shook as his gaze remained on his lap, fist still glued to the wall.

"I want to be the soulmate she deserves.."

"I want to be someone who deserves her."

+
~time lapse~

"She doesn't deserve it.." Chaemin huffs to herself as the trainees huddle around a poster on the wall.

It's been about a week since monthly evaluations; the day itself went by like a blur and you'd focused too much on how your lack of meds would've affected you.

Surprisingly, its absence wasn't very noticeable. Your busy schedule has also paused the usual check ups and yet, everything was going well.