⁷ Contracts

[A/N] - for later in the chapter: italics in quotes are spoken in Korean, non-italics are in English!

~+×+~

Your architect and K-Pop heart were in love.

"I heard you're an architecture major." Namjoon voices as you head inside the building.

"I am, and this building is beautiful!"

"Ah I'm happy to hear. You'd get along great with Yoongi and Taehyung." Namjoon laughs.

"Did someone say Taehyung?" Taehyung emerges from a room as you and Namjoon walk down the hallway.

They're so pretty in person.

"Tae! This is Y/N, she's a new trainee from the U.S., and she's majors in architecture!"

"Nice to meet you Y/N! I like architecture too, you know?" He says cutely and goes to shake your hand.

"Ah Taehyung it's an honor to meet you!"

"Woah Namjoon, she's so cutesy~
If you want to look at the cool buildings in the city just let me know! I know all the places."

[rest.]

"Thank you very much! I look forward to it!"
You bow as you feel your cheeks beginning to heat up.

Taehyung walks in the other direction as you and Namjoon continue down the hallway.

"We were going to introduce you to everyone later today, but Taehyung-ah.." Namjoon smiles, shaking his head as you stand in front of an office.

"Y/N! Namjoon! Welcome, come on in!" Bang PD opens the door.

"How was your flight? We're all glad you made it here safely."

"It was very nice, thank you for the wonderful accommodations PD-nim!"

"Of course, we want you comfortable and ready to train! Now I wanted to briefly discuss the situation regarding your contract with JYP Entertainment."

You turn towards Namjoon who in return gives you a reassuring smile.

Bang PD hands you a letter and begins speaking to Namjoon in Korean.

Skimming over the document, you can only make out a few significant words - debt, debut, and Stray Kids?

"Okay Y/N, before we start, remember that you don't have to make a decision right now. We'll give you a few days to think it over."
You nod understandably as he reads over your contract.

Big Hit Entertainment x JYP Entertainment
• Choi Y/N was intended to debut within the next year.
• The contract has not expired. Choi Y/N violated the contract by auditioning for another company.
• If Choi Y/N transfers to BigHit, debts and payment for the last year, including overseas training, will be due to JYP from Choi.
• JYP Entertainment will prohibit Choi from working or being seen publicly with any idol under JYP, including Stray Kids, unless special circumstances arise, such as confirmed soulmates.

"I don't understand.. JYP never spoke to me about debuting any time soon.
And why was the last clause necessary? Isn't that a bit much? Controlling who idols interact with?"

"JYP has a strict no dating policy within the first 3 years of debut, so they're not allowed to seek out their soulmate regardless. It's nothing new from them."

"It's not even about dating though.. What about my rookie friends? The girls I was supposedly supposed to debut with?
And Stray Kids are my best friends. If I want to become an idol, I can't be seen with any of them?"

Bang PD and Namjoon stay silent before conversing in Korean once more.

Would it be selfish to leave your friends to become an idol?
Would it be right to not train under the company you want to maintain a friendship?

What if you leave everything you've known behind, only to fail?

Soreness takes over your body as anxieties take over your mind. Your hands tremble, gripping the arms of the chair as your breathing goes unsteady.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Namjoon asks as you stand up.

"Please excuse me for a moment."

Your voice is shaky and heart races when you exit the office to head towards the bathroom.

Gripping the sides of the sink, you try to ground yourself.

inhale 4 .. hold 7 .. exhale 8

You lift the side of your shirt and gaze upon your now darkened tattoo from the mirror.

37. 3827° _, 127.11_9° E
9 - 1 # - _ _ _ _
1:11_m

Oh shit.

Running your hand along the letters, you can't tell if the number in the birthdate is a "13" or a "15".

The year still wasn't there.

However, the tattoo has had more development in the last 2 hours than it has had in the last 2 weeks.

Some speculate that the tattoo's process speeds up when you're close to finding or are around your soulmate.

They must be in Korea.

You quickly take a photo of the tattoo and adjust your shirt before heading out.

They have to be in Seoul.

If the direction of the coordinates appeared, we can figure out if it's Felix.

If it was, you can see him again.
The contract wouldn't matter.

If it wasn't..

Your soulmate could be under BigHit.

Your wandering mind leads you to collide with someone's back. Quickly bowing and mumbling out a string of apologies, you go to pass by the figure.

Instead they turn and embrace you in a hug.

Um..

The scent of the person's cologne.

The fact that Changbin had been standing behind him with a blue haired boy, kindly waving at you, leads you to one person.

"Felix?"