[𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖘] ex-aid, when they realise they like you

sorry for the late update! i've been really busy irl, but this is a request!! (wattpad wont let me @ people right now for whatever reason, super sorry!!)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* EMU HOJOU *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

- emu probably has always had a crush on you, but he's never really thought much of it. there's probably been way more pressing stuff than a little crush. that is, until he realises it's much more than just a crush.

- the very moment he realises he might genuinely have feelings for you is when you get injured. whether it's kamen rider related or not, he feels his heart break at the very sight of you bloody and bruised. sure he's a doctor, but he has no clue what to do. you're just lying there and you might be dead and oh god he's hyperventilating

- poppy will try to calm him down while hiiro tends to you, but emu is nearly in tears- he just wants to be by your side and make sure you're okay because he loves you-

- he says that out loud, and hiiro sighs. 'you know you're an idiot, right? took you long enough to realise.'

- emu probably has to spend a few days processing it. he...loves you? at the very least he likes you a lot and how hasn't he noticed??? how haven't you noticed???

- he starts overthinking all your past and future interactions top the point where he has to excuse himself from conversations with you. even though hes much more confident these days, you just make him extraordinarily nervous. he really likes you after all, and hes worried about doing something wrong.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* HIIRO KAGAMI *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

- yeah, this wouldn't go very well.

- hiiro's barely in-tune with his emotions as is, the very thought of liking someone after what happened with saki makes him feel sick. he's learnt not to dwell on her these days, but it almost feels wrong to fall for someone after her. (he knows she'd want him to move on, but still.)

- if anything, it's worse that it's you who he's fallen for. you've been by his side despite everything, someone who hiiro felt like he could lean on if things got too rough, so it's almost like he's betraying both you and himself. how could he let himself feel this way to someone who deserved much better?

- he's the type to keep it to himself, and potentially he'll distance himself from you. he doesn't want to put you through any harm- and he especially doesn't want a repeat of what happened with saki. he doesn't trust himself not to treat you like her.

- which is, funnily enough, what he's doing by distancing himself. it's pretty self-destructive and he knows that you're hurt by his actions, but he'd rather stop all this before it goes too far.