Kusa and Mirage: Emergency Room

Please keep in mind this is platonic. Thank you.
TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD, GUNSHOT WOUND, HOSPITALS, ABUSE, VIOLENCE.

• • •

Mirage was barely hanging on. She was injured badly, from her parents beating her again. She was bleeding out on her white carpet, which left a nasty red stain that surely would always be a reminder to what happened.

She heard a small click and her window opening, but she couldn't muster up the strength to move her dark brown bangs out of her face to catch a glimpse of who it was.
"Mirage?" A familiar voice called out quietly. It was Kusa, her best friend. She was listening to his breathing go from calm to quick, probably from the sight of her broken body.
"What happened to you?!" He asks, his eyes widening. Mirage coughed up a little bit of blood, letting it slide down her lip and onto the puddle forming in the carpet.

He didn't need her to speak to know who did it. Her parents. Kusa, who let his emotions cloud his mind, angrily slammed open her bedroom door and stormed out to confront the culprits.
Her parents were laughing on the couch at a corny joke from the show they were watching, and they didn't notice Kusa approaching.

"What the hell did you do to Mirage, you pieces of shit?!" Kusa shouted, throwing his hands into the air for emphasis. "She's barely ALIVE!" He continues, watching the parents movement completely cease.

The father gets up. He does not look happy. "Who the hell gave you permission to talk to me and my wife like that? Plus she is our kid. We treat her how we want." The man reaches for something. His beer bottle.
Kusa puts his guard up and, in his fit of anger, runs up to Mirage's father. He throws a punch but it gets blocked by the bottle.

The glass from the green canister shatters, the small shards sticking into Kusa's bare knuckles. He winces and withdraws, cradling his hand.
The father approaches him with the jagged bottle and rushes him. He swings the bottle and rips Kusa's sleeve, slicing open the skin.
Kusa is now on the defensive. To keep at least his head protected, he holds his arms up in a boxer's stance.

The father takes another swing, and a jab. The broken beer bottle pierces Kusa's skin and leaves bloody marks down his forearm.

"Why do you care so much Anyways?! She is just garbage! Can't even do anything right!" The father shouted, letting out a crazed laugh when Kusa shot him a glare.

"She is not garbage, if anything your sorry ass is! Mirage is my friend!" Kusa growled, throwing a punch. His guard never dropped as the punch knocked the father square in the jaw.

"You little-" Mirage's Father swiped Kusa's feet out from under him, watching him drop like a fly. Kusa's chin hit his knee and he was going in for the kill.

Kusa's eyes widened and he let out a short scream of agony when he felt the bottle go into his back. Right through his hoodie.

Mirage up in her room gasped when the sound filled her ears. One of suffering. "K.. Kusa..!"
She weakly turned her body over, looking at the door. Mirage's heart pounded in her chest with an overwhelming anxiety.

Kusa laid limp on the ground, his white hoodie starting to blend into a rose red. The father scoffed and called an ambulance, hoisting him up onto his back.

"Hello, I have two injured kids that need treating. Get here as fast as you can, please! I'm worried sick!" He lies, letting worry slip into his voice like water drowning out any unwanted noises. Including Kusa's groan of pain.
The father drops Kusa onto the sidewalk, kicking him in the ribs before going to grab Mirage.

Kusa could hear yelling, a male voice, and then a thud. The father came out with Mirage and dropped her on the curb where cars could hit her, kicking her in the ribs as well. He sighed and walks back into the house after slamming the door shut.