𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

- Chapter Eight -

Seok couldn't help it as he let out a scream, not a simple shout but a scream that tore through the area as he hit the ground head smashing against the concrete tube. Seok was winded as he laid on the ground ignoring the warm wet feeling running down his face as he laid there desperately trying to breathe.

His ears had an annoying ringing tone continuously playing as he tried opening his eyes. Everything was blurry, Seok fearfully realised his eyes were fully open yet they weren't focusing. It took him a second but his hearing started coming back faster than his eyesight as he heard a loud monstrous roar and the sound of something hitting against another object.

Shaking his head not being able to see the blood droplets that flung across the floor Seok grabbed onto the concrete tube pushing himself to stand ignoring the swaying feeling. Only to hear concrete being smashed against the ground. Seok hated not being able to see clearly as he tried steadying himself.

Seok blinked harshly his sight returning enough to make out a familiar but now much bigger monster they'd previously fought. He watched as Gilseob caught the monster on fire and ran towards Hyun. Though a firetruck smashed into the monster before it could hurt the two. Seok looked at this before turning to see the crashed car. The gas leaking and pooling out near a live electric wire. No Seok wouldn't let Sangwook or Yuri die, not like this after everything that's happened.

Seok quickly ran towards the car his legs screaming in protests as they'd barely gotten to rest after the harsh contact they'd had received earlier against the floor. Skidding to a stop seeing Sangwook trying to get out of the car. Seok moved to grasp Sangwook's hand calling his name so he knew it was only Seok trying to help before tugging him out.

Sangwook once out moves to the backseat door freeing it with the hammer. To which Seok moved since he was smaller into the cars free space spotting Yuri. Seok through his blurry vision ripped the seatbelt off after a slight struggle with it before tugging Yuri out halfway. Sangwook now taking over and pulling Yuri completely out before carrying her to a concrete tube going into it for protection.

Seok got up looking over at the blurry figures, Though Sangwook looked back being able to see the bloodied Seok just fine. Sangwook's eyes widening as he panicked as to why Seok wasn't moving away hadn't he heard or seen the sparks. The car would blow up. It must have been because of hitting his head Sangwook decided.

Though Sangwook realised Seok could still hear his warnings as he yelled. Seok didn't want to move causing his heart to beat faster realising what Seok was thinking. Sangwook placed Yuri down safely as he ran back towards the immobile Seok tackling the teen into a different metal tube for safety. As the explosion rang out Sangwook went to yell at Seok for not moving till he noticed it. Seok's pitch-black eyes and grin.

"I'm going to find out his biggest desire just you wait. Though if I can't I'll let him burn with me." It wasn't Seok talking, it was what was the thing infecting him.

Sangwook grit his teeth before muttering an apology to Seok before punching him in the stomach similar to how he'd done to Hyun a while ago. It worked at Seok's eyes cleared up as he let out a groan feeling his stomach muscles tighten in pain. Looking up Sangwook guilty.

"I'm sorry it just came out of nowhere, Is Yuri okay?"

Sangwook just nodded before getting out to run back to Yuri, Seok following behind him slower but moved to look over at the loud commotion his vision getting better as the minutes passed healing. The monster falling down where the construction site was from being smashed into by the firetruck again. Then the firetruck reversed before slamming into a burning fence that soon fell burning the monster below.