Prolouge

Aspen was always on the run, and her only friends were her cigarettes. She moved from place to place like a gypsy, and she always found herself staying in large cities. Her philosophy was, the more oblivious people, the better. Her mother gave birth to her in 2015; 56 years ago. She didn't look like a 56 year-old, though. She had the body of an 18 year-old girl. She wasn't a vampire, no. She ate human food to stay alive. Her immorality and powers were unexplained. On her 13th birthday, she was taken into an institution where they researched and tried to explain super-natural events. They tortured her, scared her, and even killed her-or so they thought. They left her unconscious body in the lab-unguarded. That was the biggest mistake they have-and will ever make.
As soon as Aspen reconnected her soul with her body, anger invaded her system. She found herself stronger than ever. Her head pounded as the anger took over her conscience, and her dirty blonde hair and pale blue eyes suddenly glowed of a magnificent aqua, equivalent to the Bahamian waters of the caribbean. As the pain lessened, she stood up and slammed her fists into the sealed metal doors-denting them. The ground shook like an earthquake as she screamed in pain as it creeped back into her head; it was excruciating.
Suddenly, the windowless room went black. The only source of light was her glowing hair and eyes. The power decreasing from the heart of the institution caused the seal of the doors to weaken, and with one last pound, and one last scream, the doors opened. She rushed out of the room, feeling light-headed, but trying her best not to fall onto her knees and collapse.
Aspen opened every door she could find-an attempt to stealthily find an exit, but she couldn't find her treasure. She knows that the front doors are an option, but people will see her, and that would lessen her chances.
She has been here for at least five years; the treatments getting worse and worse as she got older. She physically-and mentally could not stay here, and if the only way out was through the front doors, then thats where she shall go. She would rather risk her freedom, than always have the question, "what if?" in the back of her mind.
As she peered around the corners of each hallway, she saw many scientists rushing to evacuate. The hallways were extremely dim, with only tiny windows with metal bars on them every few feet.
Because of her case, all of the scientists knew her. She was the most astonishing exhibit in the lab, and all of them studied her at one point or another.
She wasn't sure if she could make it through the bustling crowd. Her heart was practically pounding out of her chest, but she remembered what she thought about minutes before. How she didn't want to think, "What if?". So she turned the corner and the glow of her hair caught the eyes of every person in the hallway.
"STOP RUNNING," one of the researchers screamed as the light from the first tiny window reflected off her face. Aspen refused to listen to the man. She continued her sprinting, and within seconds, he put his hands around her waist, trying to tackle her. They fell on the ground and she let out a soft grunt. Aspen could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins and she rolled over, she noticed that there was no longer anyone else in the hallway. The man was in an off guard state as he was trying to make a slight recovery from the fall, and as he was doing so, Aspen stood up and screamed as loud as possible. It was uncontrollable. She stared at the bald headed man right in the eyes as he quivered in fear. He couldn't breathe. He was being choked to death as the scream of the girl in front of him went on and on. His face turned purple and he was gasping for air, and suddenly, the girl stopped screaming, and he was dead. Her eyes widened with fear and disbelief as she took a few steps back and ran towards the entrance as fast as she could. People tried to stop her, but she was running abnormally fast. She didn't realize it, though. She got to the front doors in a matter of seconds, and as she ran out, she looked up at he sky. It was beautiful. She hasn't seen this sky since she was first brought her when she was 13. That makes it five years. She wanted to look at it forever and soak up the fresh air around her, but, she couldn't, for there was security right on her trail. She searched frantically for a place for hiding and cursed under her breath. There were trees surrounding the large building, concealing it from the people of the outside world.
As she glanced around, without thinking, she ran west. Into the trees. Her lungs felt like they were on fire, but she kept going. She needed to find a haven before the guards of the institution find her.
When the sun began to set, she finally found it. She doesn't know how far she ran, all she knows is where she is now. She reads a sign that says in big bold letters,
THE QUINN MOTEL
It was a run-down place, but that's alright. The only problem was that she needed to find a way to get a room. She crept over to the back of the small motel. She needed to be wary of her surroundings in case there were guards here. As she contemplated her strategies to get a room, she decided to just ask if she can pay at the end of her stay, for she didn't know how long she would be there. As she made her way to the front doors, she started to feel light headed, like she was before, but she decided to ignore it. When she walked into the lobby, a bell rang, and a plump middle-aged woman with red curly hair walked out with a smile. "Hello," she said to Aspen.
"H-hi," Aspen responded breathlessly.
"Do 'ya need a room, sweetie?" She asked with scrunched eyebrows and a sympathetic smile.
"Y-y-yes M-ma'am," Aspen was still out of breath, for she only stopped running minutes ago. She really didn't feel well. She never ran that far in her life. "C-can I pay-" The only thing she remembers after that is black.
She was unconscious.
*
*
*
A/N Hi everyone! So I started a new book and I really think I like it. Pls lemme know if I should keep going! And if you like it, be sure to vote and share it so I can get the motivation to keep doing it! Thank you!!! <3