Chapter 29

I run out after him, my breath becoming jagged. I really need to get fit again.

"Is that why you're mad? You're mad because by some made up scenario I could be stronger than you?" I almost laugh at his childish behaviour.

"No, that's not it Annabelle, you don't know shit."

"It is though, isn't it? You're intimidated? You want to dominate everyone and everything. Here's a tip for you Harry: before you try to dominate the world, try dominating yourself."

"What the fuck does that mean?!" He asks, turning around as we stare at each other intensely.

"Harry! Annabelle! Please, behave" Paul warns us and I want to call him out for telling me what to do until I see the 'visitors'.
"Harry, Annabelle, this is Violet, John and Russell; the head of the Rebellion."

"It's a pleasure, Annabelle." Violet says, holding her hand out for me to shake.

"I would shake your hand, but I think I would rather dive into a pit of infected needles" I smile sarcastically and almost hear Harry snigger from behind me, Paul grabbing my arm and squeezing.

She takes back her hand, her face fuming but she remains collected as she looks to one of the others whose name I didn't bother remember.

"We are here for one reason; to take the prophecy. Give us her and this war can end, between us anyway. Don't? And it will only get worse. Much worse."

"Why do you want her?" Paul asks.

"Why do you think?"

"Why do you want me, actually?" I ask.

"Don't you know what you are? You are the first born cross breed. You have more power than everyone present here combined. Minus Harry Styles here." She says and he tenses. She might be annoying but she's telling me more than anyone else here has.

"And what is Harry?" I ask and she looks confused, her eyes flickering between me and Harry before landing on him and a smug smile sprawls across her face.

"Oh, you haven't told her?"

"Don't." Paul growls.

"Fine, I'll leave you to do that." She rolls her eyes but I know he won't tell me.

"Tell me now and I'll come with you."

"Annabelle!" Paul yells, surprised.

"Paul!" I mock.

"Don't do this."

"Tell me what Harry is. Tell me what is going on and I won't."

He sighs exasperatedly, looking to the enemy who look on with hungry eyes.

"Harry is-"

"I'm a manufactured Terrebit. I wasn't made naturally; you know, girl meets boy, boy meets girl and they bang all through the night." Harry explains with a smirk and I huff. "I was made to be stronger and better and I was meant to be ten times stronger than normal Terrebit, meaning 100 times stronger than you. I was meant to be the guardian angel of the Terrebit who could protect them and fight against anything. But, clearly, there were complications and I ended up 0.434 times stronger than them instead, and 10.434 times stronger than you."

That wasn't so bad at all. Why were they so resilient to tell me? God knows what the mental process of these aliens is half the time.

"Was that so hard?" I ask, turning back to Fiona or whatever the hell her name was.
"Tough break; I'm not coming with you. As far as I'm concerned - you can inhale some poisonous gases. I'm going to make it clear right now that I am not nor will I ever accompany you. With that established, if you ever come looking for me again, or even come within a 300 yard radius of me, I'll snap everyone one of your loved ones necks without even hesitating. In fact, I would take joy in you watching. If that's all you can leave. Oh, and those terms and conditions begin now." I nod with a sarcastic smile.