Techno Being A Violinist

[cross-posted on Ao3 under 'crissus']

The Sleepy Bois didn't know that the Blood God had a secret hobby.
---

Everyone keeps something about themselves hidden from the rest of the world. It could be a secret, a talent, a piece of artwork, an object, family history or simply a birthmark or scar. It could be something so horrible, it would leave irreparable damage on the person's image or something that they just prefer to keep to themself, something comforting or something that brings back a private memory they don't want to let go of. It could even be something they never knew was hidden, and stayed that way only because it never came up in conversations. There doesn't have to be a reason to keep something hidden, but everyone does it anyway. Nobody in the world is an open book, no matter how much they look like it.

Technoblade was a man with many of these secrets, but tonight, I'll tell you the story of how one was discovered.

As a child, Techno had always wanted to learn to play the violin. He'd gotten his hands on one too, but nobody was willing to teach him, so he taught himself. Every time motivation ran low, he'd just watch another show or piece and the tinder would light again. As he grew, people thought that his passion for the instrument had faded, and it had. But not as much as they thought. They didn't know that the first thing Techno bought with his own money a few years ago was a pretty, brown, classical violin. They had no idea that the seemingly emotionless, merciless, anarchist that was the Blood God had a secret love for music.

Techno was very well-aware of this fact, and he wanted it to stay that way. These people were by no means strangers, but he didn't tell them anyway. Not because he didn't want them to know, but because of a possibly irrational fear that they would chide him for it, spread the news that the eternally bored man loved playing the violin. That he didn't talk to people to de-stress, instead resorting to non-living objects.

Techno didn't care about the others' opinions on him, but even though he tried his best not to let it on, he cared a lot about his family and their opinions. He knew they were blunt people (of course they were, who did he grow up around?) and if they told him to stop, he knew he would, no matter how hard he tried.

So he never told them.

Techno gave violin playing a few hours every week, at odd hours of the night so nobody could interrupt him or find out. His parents hadn't stayed together long after his youngest brother, Tommy's birth. He thinks it's because his mother was always busy with work and while his father didn't mind taking care of the three boys alone, it did annoy him.

Recently though, they'd come to stay at their mom, Dr. Fridge's mansion for a bit after her repeatedly begging them for months on end.

Techno had decided to take advantage of the situation and increase the duration of his music sessions, moving to the music room on the top floor while expensive and posh parties kept everyone downstairs busy. Saying he liked his mother was an overstatement, considering he barely knew the woman, but he was having the time of his life in that house.

Sometimes he'd remember how much trouble it had been fetching the violin from under the floorboards back home and hiding it in his white suitcase without anyone suspecting a thing about how it was suddenly so stuffed. Techno had considered leaving it behind. After all, it was only a short visit with the sole purpose of shutting the woman up, but since nobody knew how long they were staying, he decided it was better to lug it with him.

In the music room, he kept the door unlocked for multiple reasons. The first being that in case someone decided to show up, a door locked from the inside would cause unnecessary panic and awkwardness. He also wanted to be able to hear any approaching footsteps. He had an embarrassing habit of getting lost in the music (he'd managed to turn noises into music over the years), so any distractions had to be as loud as possible to break the flow.