𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬

- Chapter Nine Pt. One -

Seok watched from the back in the greenhouse where they had buried previous people. Hyeok getting up from where he'd pushed the final place of dirt to cover Jaeheon. Seok looked down guilt swarming him at the thought of not being able to save Jaeheon. If he had stopped the monster in the elevator Jaeheon would have never died.

Gilseob the elderly man placed another makeshift handmade flower onto the freshly done grave speaking a few words. Jisu now entering the room to stare at the grave. Seok watched her now knowing the two had been closest to each other. As Jisu left Seok nudged Eunyu before turning to look out the door as if gesturing for her to look after Jisu. Eunyu left without a word to follow her.

Once everyone left Seok also went noticing Sangwook staying with a bottle of soju in hand. Seok knew the man needed time alone. As he was leaving though Sangwook grabbed his arm as if reading Seok's thoughts.

"Don't blame yourself, there's nothing you could have done."

They stood there in silence till Seok grabbed Sangwook's hand pulling it gently off his own arm before leaving without a word. Seok was glad his hood was up as he walked away head down. Though it was obvious he was crying from the wet small patches that were on his hoodie. Shakily making his way to the bathrooms slamming the stall door shut and locking it.

Sitting on the cover of the toilet seat Seok watched his hands shaking before desperately holding them hoping for them to stop shaking as he bit his lip hard. Squeezing his eyes shut as memories washed over his mind. Not noticing a pair of shoes in front of his stall as his body went limp head bashing against the stall door and body laying there.

"Seok?!"

-

Beep.... beep.... beep!

Seok's eyes opened groggily as he rubbed his faced tired sitting up in his bed. Bed... Seok's eyes snapped open as he looked around noticing he was in his room, his old room his alarm cloch going off beside him. Getting up he quickly rushed down the stairs yelling for his big sister confused and overwhelmed. Only to be met with the sight of both his older sisters and mother at the dinning table eating.

His oldest sister scoffed throwing a piece of dry cereal at him saying with a mouthful of food "Seriously Seok? You get a belly piercing and now you won't wear a shirt around the house? You're lucky dad's on a business trip."

Seok only stared confused at the scene not carring about him being shirtless. His family was in front of him as he asked out confused "W-what about the monsters, the army and I-I'm infected." His second sister walked past him pouring some milk into a bowl stating with a grin.

"The only thing you're infected with is commonly found in most guys, that being said it's called laziness."

Seok stressed rubbed his face confused before turning to his mother who spoke concerned after sipping her earl grey tea. She always drank earl grey tea in the morning. "Are you alright Seok? Are you having bad dreams again? Did your father call you again?"

Seok only shook his head as he sat down still looking at his family. Had it all been a fucked up dream. Seok looked at the calendar then noticed it was March how was it March. Though as he looked at the day it was today he quickly shot up saying worriedly.

"Let's not go to the festival today, We go every year we can just stay in this year."

His oldest sibling shook her head repeating Seok "That's the point dummy we go every year, it's tradition now we have to." Though Seok shook his head fearfully blurting out.

"No! no... we can't go a van is going to run into a stall and it's going kill people."

Everyone looked over at Seok confused as to why he'd say such a thing but his mother stood up patting Seok's head gently from where he was sitting commenting.