Chapter One

Alison tossed and turned. The bed was like concrete, and the blanket? A joke. It couldn't keep her warmer than a popsicle. She shivered. Through all the time she'd been here, a disturbing though had frequently popped in her mind, what if she could escape?

It chilled her. Not the thought of escaping. No. That made her feel warm and fuzzy. The thought of what A would do to her ex-friends. She shuddered again, except this time it wasn't because of the cold.

They were stupid. She had come to this conclusion after long periods of uninterrupted time to think. They would be killed by A and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Not from in here anyway.

Alison sat up. Sleep was a pointless attempt. She was too deep into thought for sleep.

"Alison? Are you awake?"

The question was whispered from the cell next to hers.

"Yeah Riley. I'm awake, but I don't want to be," was her response. Riley was in for B&E and theft. She was also the closest thing to a friend that Alison had.

Slowly Alison curled back up and attempted to get warm with the thin cloth they had given her for a blanket. She managed to curl up small enough to make the whole blanket cover her body, and slowly, she drifted to sleep.
~~~~~•
She was standing in an apartment. She recognized it instantly, Cory's apartment. At just the thought of his name, her heart swelled with love. She turned right into him and he lifted her up, spinning her briefly in the air before putting her back down. They hugged and Alison's heart ached at the smell of his skin. It'd been too long.

"Did they take the bait?" Cory asked, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Alison nodded, "Yes. Aria practically passed out when she saw me kiss Holbrook. They took the bait."

"So they're safe?" Cory asked, moving his hand down to lift her chin. Alison shook her head, "No. They're not. I'm trying so hard to protect them, that I'm worried..." She left her voice trail off and looked down.

Cory frowned and lifted her chin up, "Worried about what?" Her eyes met his and for a moment she forgot how to breathe. His eyes, a beautiful blue, with green swirls and golden specks. Breathtaking. Eyes that were currently clouded with worry. Worry for her.

"I'm afraid that I'm being sloppy. What if my friends turn me in? This psycho murdered an innocent person to try and put me in prison," she breathed, panic running through her voice.

"Tried and failed," Cory whispered, and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. Alison closed her eyes, "If at first you don't succeed..." She responded quietly. Cory simply wrapped his arms around her, and pressed his lips against her hair, and even in her moment of greatest danger, Alison had never felt safer.
~~~~~•
A tear ran down her cheek. She wiped it away with hurried annoyance. She didn't have time to cry. She would be proven innocent, and when she was let out, she would leave this town and her ungrateful, ignorant, doomed ex-friends behind.