Chapter two: The Outsider

''What did you use to do before the ourbreak?'' Monte asked looking to Connor as he opened the bag of pretzels while Jonathan walked by the window's looking down to the road ''Like, right before it?'' Connor asked looking to him, Monte shrugged ''Right before it, hoddies you did after school, if you even went to school.'' Monte stated looking at him, Carson smiled looking at them while he tightened his shoe laces ''Uh, sketched after school... Durring school too.'' he stated looking to Monte smiling ''That's it, no video games?'' Connor shrugged ''I played like... Racing games, at an arcade.'' he stated and looked at him, Monte smiled looking at him ''Really, I didn't see you as an arcade person.'' Carson stated, Connor nodded ''Yeah, me and my friend Lily use to go to them all the time.'' Connor stated, Carson looked at him with a smile ''Lily?'' Connor looked at him and looked down smiling a bit ''A friend.'' Connor outlined and looked at him ''What did you and, Lily do?'' Connor looked at him before looking down bringing his bag around ''Wen't to arcades, visited the zoo at times, went to movies... Hockey games.'' he stated and looked back down looking through his bag, Monte looked at him then looked to Carson, Mia entered the building with Taylor behind her.

They got closer and dropped their bags ''Where's Evin?'' Mia asked as Taylor held the strap's of her bag, Monte handed a candy bar up to Mia ''On the roof.'' Carson stated looking to them, Jonathan turned and went back to them ''It's eight, we can make it to that mall by noon.'' he stated looking at them, Taylor nodded ''I'll get him.'' she stated and went over to the stairs going up while the other's got ready to leave. Taylor went up open stairwell and opend the door at the top looking around seeing Evin sitting near the door looking through something, Taylor stepped out and knocked on the door, Evin raised his head a bit before looking back to the sketch book he was holding, Taylor went over and peeked at the sketch ''Is that him?'' she asked, Evin smiled looking at the picture ''Yeah.'' he stated and looked up at her before shutting the sketch book and looked around him at the buidlings ''I know he can take care of himself, I taught him a bit of basic survival things before the zone fell but... He's eleven.'' Evin stated and looked up at Taylor, she walked over and sat down crossing her leg's looking at him ''We'll find him.'' Evin looked to the side and nodded.

''I know, I'm just scared of how, we'll find him.'' he stated and put his sketch book back in his backpack before zipping it up and getting up using the wall and lifted his bag up looking to her ''Why'd you join us, come with Mia and Carson?'' Taylor looked down near Evin's sneakers ''It was better then being alone.'' Evin stared at him, Taylor looked up at him ''I spent everyday looking for people, since outbreak day.'' Evin looked at her ''You were alone for.... Four months?'' Taylor smiled and nodded ''I heard you were alone for two months?'' Evin stared at her and smiled a bit ''Felt like longer.'' he stated as Taylor stood up and looked at him ''I'm hopping to get to know you and the other's in the group, better.'' Evin looked at her ''Help me find Timothy, and you'll be good in my books.'' Evin stated with a slight smile and went to the door going back downstairs, Taylor nodded before looking around, she headed back inside after him.