Chapter seven: The Bridges

Jonathan pushed his shoulder against his door as he ran towards it and turned grabbing the door while Carson and Evin ran in, he shut the door and turned looking around seeing they were in a bakery, Jonathan leaned forward panting while Carson looked to the street ahead fo them ''We could loop around and go back to the building, make it easier for them to find us.'' Carson stated looking to the other two ''This horde wasn't supposed to be here.'' Evin stated, Jon pushed away from the door and went to the window's looking around before looking up seeing bridges ''Did you say the horde came from here?'' Jon asked and turned looking to Carson, he nodded walking over to him ''So any survivours would've had to adapt, move around the city a different way if the horde was on the streets?'' Carson thought about it before nodding ''Yeah, if there were survivours.'' Jonathan pointed up to the bridges, Carson looked out and up seeing them ''Oh.'' Jon turned and looked back to Evin before looking around on the ceiling for a way to the roof.

Evin looked around him for something to do with Timothy, trying to think of where he could've gone, Jonathan went to the desk looking up seeing light coming in through a pannel in the ceiling ''Carson.'' he called and climbed onto the counter, Evin looked over ''No.'' Jon turned as Carson got over, Jon turned and pushed the pannel over revealing a way to the roof ''Jon no.'' he looked over ''It's fine Evin, it's either this or we try and make it through the horde.'' he stated and turned back as Carson climbed onto the counter and Jo cupped his hands together letting Carson place his foot into them before lifting him up, he grabbed the edges ''I'd rather walk through the horde.'' Jon lifted Carson up more before seeing he was up, Jon looked over to him ''Come.'' Evin stared at him tilting his head a bit before walking over and climbed onto the counter before holding Jon's shoulders bringing his foot up placing his foot there before pushing up and grabbed the area above the pannel, Carson reached down lifting Evin up.

Jonathan looked over to the door where they came in hearing a bang, Carson laid on his stomach and reached down ''Jon.'' he looked up before reaching up and jumping grabbing Carson's arms letting him pull him up a bit before bringing his leg's up, placing his knee's on the small edge before lifting himself up the rest of the way seeing the hole on the roof was definetly man made using something to break through it. Carson walked over to the edge and looked at the bridge and looked down the street seeing more just going across to each building ''This must've taken them days to make.'' Evin held his arm's together before slowly approching the edge and looked over, he backed up breathing in in and sighed out before turning away ''No.'' Jonathan walked over ''You haven't even tried to cross it yet?'' Carson looking to them, Jon looked at him ''He's afriad of hieghts.'' Jon stated and walked over to the bridge looking at it ''No, I'm terrified of hieghts, this bridge doesn't even have rails.'' he stated motioning his hand to the bridge behind Carson.

Jonathan got onto the bridge seeing it was like a rope bridge and glanced back to them ''Do you need me to hold your hand?'' Jon questioned, Evin looked at him ''No, because I'm not crossing it.'' Carson turned ''Go.'' he stated to Jon and turned back to Evin before getting up on the bridge as well while Jon moved across the bridge keeping his arms out for balance seeing the horde below them knowing it would be bad to fall. He got to the other end seeing Carson walking across, he stopped on the bridge and looked back seeing Evin staring at them, he looked at the bridge before breathing in and walked over stepping up and looked over feeling his stomach drop, Carson headed back and grabbed Evin's hands ''Come on.'' he stated pulling him a bit, Evin stared at him ''I can't.'' Carson got him up on the bridge ''Do you trust me?'' Carson questioned while Jon pushed away from the edge of the building where the bridge was.

Evin stared at him ''Yeah.'' he nodded, Carson smiled ''Then don't take your eye's off mine.'' Evin stared at him while Carson started walking backwards pulling Evin's hands, his arm's stretched out before he finally took a step forward, Jonathan looked around on the street before bringing the walkie talkie up ''Monte, you there?'' he asked and looked around seeing the street sign at the end of the road *Yeah, I'm here, where are you guys?* Jon smiled and looked over ''We're on...'' he tried to see it but rolled his eye's and looked around him ''Um... across the street from a place named buttercream bakeshop.'' he stated and looked around for anything else to help that they could follow like a street ''Oh, if you go to where we camped out last night and head down the street and go into the alleyway and enter the fourth door you'll get into that store, above the counter is a way onto the roof, when you get up there you'll need to walk across a bridge.'' Jonathan stated.

Carson stepped down bringing Evin down who let go of Carson's hands placing them on his knee's leaning forward ''See, you're fine.'' Carson stated, Evin looked up to him before standing up and moving away from the edge of the building *Alright, We'll try and get to you.* Monte added, Jonathan placed his walkie talkie on his belt and looked over to Evin before looking at Carson, ''What?'' he asked confused of why Jon was looking at him, Jon smiled and looked over to Evin ''I couldn't even get him on a playground set when he was younger.'' he stated and looked back to Carson before walking over to Evin, Carson looked over then looked forward thinking about the bridge and turned looking at how thin it was surprised he didn't walk off when moving backwards.