9

Happy new year <3

Lily stood in front of her locker like Audrey had texted her to do when she was in her last class. She was attempting to stack her books on the top shelf of her locker when Audrey and Ethan watched her accidentally drop a textbook on the ground, just missing her head.

"Little one, leave that for one of us to put up."

Lily who was on her tippy toes stood back and watched as her two new friends strode down the hallway. She smiled at seeing them and admired their confidence. Audrey gently grabbed the books from her small hands and without any effort, stacked the books on the shelf.

Once she was done, she closed the locker and beamed down at the gorgeous girl. Lily smiled a thankful one back before Ethan adjusted the pink bag on her shoulders. He wondered why she needed such a big bag when she struggles to carry it in the first place, however this was something he would discuss with her in future.

Ethan ruffled her pretty blonde hair "So are we ready for some ice cream, because I know I am."

"Yes please" Lily jumped up and down. She was just as excited as the other two.

"Okay then, lets go"

Audrey slipped her hand down and held Lily's small one. Lily looked up at Audrey who had a soft smile on her face and was watching where they were walking. Looking away she felt a reassuring squeeze and finally decided to give one back.

She's never had high school friends before, so she didn't know whether it was okay for her to hold the hand of a girl that was in a relationship, especially when that person was right next to her. She thought that Ethan and Audrey should be the ones holding hands, but with a glance up at Ethan she noticed his content face and concluded that it was perfectly fine and friends could also hold hands.

Through small interactions like these, Lily was learning more and more about socialisation, something she has always struggled with. It was amazing to her that two people like Ethan and Audrey, who are the most popular people in school and act so confident yet kind, are her first real friends. She really thinks that this has been the best move for her and Ben.

Ethan had to refrain himself from grabbing a hold of Lily's other hand. He knew that it would have caused people to stare and based on recent events, he knew how worked up his little one could get. He, however, did notice the gleam of happiness in his girlfriends eyes and it was enough for him to let her enjoy this cute moment.

He walked around to the back of his Jeep and opened the door while Audrey helped Lily get herself in the car.

Lily said thank you and giggled "This is a really big car".

As she said that, Audrey leant across her and secured her seatbelt in place, giving it a little tug for reassurance. "Sweetie, you're just a small girl, this car is the perfect height for me."

Lily blushed and shook her head folding her arms "I'm not a small girl. I could have easily hopped in the car without any help."

Audrey raised her perfectly cut eyebrows and chuckled before closing the door.

Lily could hear Ethans deep chuckle from the front seat "What?" she pouted.

"Nothing my little one."

Upon hearing the nickname given to her, Lily pouted and huffed even more.

Ethan smirked from the front seat noticing her pink cheeks. When Audrey hopped in he placed his arm went behind her headrest and twisted around to look out the back window as he reversed out. As he was about to turn around he winked at Lily causing her blush even more.