Chapter 2

The square is silent, you could hear a pin drop. So many things are rushing through my mind. What if I am chosen, though my name is only in once I am still terrified at the thought of being picked. I need to help mother in the fields I can't leave her or the rest of the family! I feel a tear on my face as quickly as I felt it I wiped it away. I try to spot mother, but I can't see her. I just want to see her face in this scary moment. All of a sudden a strange lady walks onto the platform. Her voice never change it stayed at one tone, she gave me an odd feeling and I can't seem to remember her name something like Milda. This lady dressed in all black seems like she hasn't slept in days and does not resemble a citizen of the capital at the least. Her voice booms over the large speakers saying, "Welcome everyone, we have a video we would like to share brought to you from the Capital."
The video started ,but I was more focused on my surroundings then the video. Today the air was warm and the sun was shining, a day that I would love to spend with my father. My train of thought vanished as the video ended and the strange lady spoke. "Let us begin," she stated abruptly. I can feel my heart trying to pound out of my chest as she reaches into the girls bowl. Milda I think it is,slowly and carefully pulled out a slip of bright white paper. Before opening the slip she walked over to the microphone clearing her voice,"Ughem. The female tribute from district 11 will be ... Rue..."
And that was all I heard before someone had to tap my shoulder to tell me to approach the stage.