Ch-36

Just as night had fallen, pedestrians in twos and threes leisurely strolled along the boulevard.
Niu Niu was pulling Mantou and prancing in front while Yin Ze and Gao Yu Lan strolled hand in hand behind them.  They did not talk and only held each other’s hands tightly.  Peace and serenity filled the heart of Gao Yu Lan and felt that if she could keep on walking down this path like this, she would be very happy.
In front, Niu Niu was speaking to Mantou in a low voice.  “You can’t eat this…….don’t bite on trash.”
“You can’t climb up on other people’s legs, you don’t even know them.”
“Mantou, you don’t have integrity.  When you see people carrying plastic bags passing by, you just follow them.”
Gao Yu Lan laughed as she listened to her.  Yin Ze turned around, looked at Gao Yu Lan, then poked her forehead, and said.  “Silly.”
“I’m not silly.”  Gao Yu Lan rubbed her forehead as she followed Nin Niu and Mantou turned a corner and walked in the direction of the store.  Suddenly, Yin Ze pointed at a bar on the opposite side of the street and said.  “Look, that was where you hit me to attract my attention and also snatched away Mantou.”
Gao Yu Lan looked over and thought of the past.  Recalling the incident when she shouted she was looking for a man, her face turned red.  “You are useless.  You got kicked and had your dog snatched by a girl.  Even if you’re not shy to tell others, I feel embarrassed to hear about it.”

“Huh …..now you are angry, ah.  Initially, who was the one who had snot running down and tearfully said she was drunk, complained that she was framed, and her brain was burnt out and unconsciously did bad things.  Now she doesn’t complain tearfully but instead, she bites back.”  Yin Ze pinched her nose and like to see her bullied face screwed up like a bun.

“There was no snot or tears!”  Gao Yu Lan slapped away his hand hard.
“I want to feed you with more tasty food so that you will not lose your plump face.”

“How perverted is your heart?”
“You will only look cute when your cheeks are plump.”
“So, if I’m thin, you won’t want me?”
“I still want you but you will be locked up and fed until you’re chubby.”
The two bickered until they have unconsciously arrived at Suixin Yuan entrance.  Niu Niu who was pulling Mantou turned around and looked at the two adults with contempt.  “What you said doesn’t have substance, so silly!”  After she finished speaking, with her head held high, she pulled the small dog and went in.
“She is jealous.”  Yin Ze came to a conclusion.  “Lan Lan, you must work harder.  You can’t lose to Niu Niu or else your boyfriend will be snatched away by a small girl.  Wouldn’t that be losing face?”

“It doesn’t matter as I’ve always been like that.”
“You can’t have such a low expectation of yourself.”  Yin Ze could not control himself and pinched her cheeks again.  She slapped his hand away again then suddenly remembered and asked.  “Yin Ze, if that day, it was another woman who snatched away Mantou, would you have done the same?”

“What’s that?”
“That……pretended to be seriously injured, ah…….blackmail, no……it should be extortion.”  Gao Yu Lan tilted her head and seriously pondered over her words.  “Anyway, it won’t be the normal way of people communicating.”
“How dare you slander my image?!  Which part of me isn’t like normal people and extortion……”
Gao Yu Lan let out a shout  ‘Wa!’  turned around and ran……so fierce!  But that time he indeed had a perverted attitude when he went to her house to extort her!

Yin Ze chased after her with determination to demand an explanation.  She shouted.  “I’m wrong, I’m wrong!  You’re not perverted, not perverted!”
“Now, it’s also ‘perverted’?”  Yin Ze reached out his hand to catch her.
Why can’t she use a better adjective to describe him?

She shouted and was caught and then Yin Ze kissed her on her lips which startled her.  His kiss was gentle and teasing and soon she was intoxicated by his kiss.  When she rested her hands on his shoulders, suddenly she realized they were on the street.
From the corner of her eyes, she saw a few people nearby looking at them and a wretched middle-aged man was laughing at them.  She was so scared that she gave a push and Yin Ze who was somehow not standing steadily was actually pushed down.  Behind him was the green belt beside the sidewalk and his feet stumbled on the steps of the flower bed.  With a loud crash, he fell into the thicket.