Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I walk through the front door of my house with the rain coming in as well. My clothes were soaked now. It had started pouring down rain when I was only ten houses away from home.

"Back so soon?" My mother's voice is heard from behind me as I take off my jacket and hang it up on one of the coat hooks. "You're soaked!"

"I know." As if that wasn't the obvious.

"Why didn't Nick give you a ride back home?" And here comes the tears.

"H-he was busy." Is all reply before I run upstairs.

I run up to my bedroom and lock the door behind me. I collapse onto my bed with my head burying into my pillow.

Before I know it, I find myself crying myself asleep.

I'm awaken in the morning by my phone vibrating on the night stand next to my bed. I rub my eyes as I groan a little. What time is it?

I pick up my phone and I'm blinded by the screen when it comes on. It takes a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the light before I'm able to properly read the time. Eight forty-five.

I thought it was a lot later.

I have received a new text message, so I go to my messages and the new message is at the top of the screen. My heart drops when I see who it's from.

From: Nick

Hey beautiful. My family is wanting to stay an extra week on vacation, so I won't be home for another week. Love you.

Every single word in his text is nothing but lies. If I hadn't of caught him cheating on me last night I would actually believe his words.

I want to just forget what I saw last night and reply back to him. I want to act like nothing has happened that everything is the same. But I can't. I know I can't.

If Nick wants to play a game, let's play.

From: Me

Okay, love you too.

Typing the last three words are so difficult. I still do love him, I do. I can't get rid of all the love I have for him with a snap of my finger after two years of being with him. Although I want to erase him from my mind now, I can't.

I hadn't even realized I was crying until a single tear falls down onto the screen of my phone. I wipe my cheeks with the back of my hand as I sniffle.

I should get up and go out. Maybe it'll get my mind of him.

I pull myself out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. I turn the hot water on in the shower before I strip down to my birthday suit. Goosebumps appear on my body from the cold air outside making its wall through the walls of the house. The white tiles in the bathroom are ice cold.

I step into the shower with the hot water hitting my cold skin. I close my eyes as the water engulfs my body.

"Mom," I call out her name as I come down the staircase. "I'm going out."

"Are you meeting up with Nick?" My mom appears from the living room.

I take a deep breath to hold back tears. "N-no. I just want some fresh air." I lie.

"Are you okay? You stormed up to your bedroom after you got home last night."

Now really isn't the time.

"I'm fine." I say plainly.

"Really? 'Cause I know Nick would have given you a ride back home instead of making you walk home in the rain." my mother says, her arms crossing against her chest. "What happened, Selena?"