Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two

[Selena's POV]

The ray of sunlight shining in through the window blinds me and I turn in the bed as a soft groan escapes my lips so I am facing the other way without the sun being in my eyes. I blindly reach my arm out to Justin's side of the bed to pull him close to me, but my hand hits the mattress.

My eyes flutter open and I see Justin's side of the bed empty. I automatically start to panic a little. Not only is he not supposed to moving or else hell hurt himself more, but the last time I woke up with Justin gone it was when Ryan and Louis kidnapped me.

"Justin?" I call out for him.

No answer.

I climb out of bed and start to walk out of the bedroom when I hear footsteps walking down the hallway. A few seconds later, Justin appears and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Hi," Justin says, shutting the bedroom door.

"Hi." I say back.

Justin closes the gap between us and I notice he's not limping as bad as he was. Four days have passed now and his side is healing, but he's still not supposed to be moving around a lot. He's really not supposed to move at all until he's completely healed. But clearly he doesn't listen.

I get brought out of my thoughts when Justin takes my chin in between his index and thumb. My eyes meet with his as he pulls my chin up. I close my eyes when I feel his lips press against mine.

"Morning." Justin says against my lips.

"Morning," I reply softly then peck his lips. "You know you're not supposed to be moving, right? You're supposed to be resting."

"I've been resting for four days, Selena." he says annoyed.

"I know," I say as my hands rub up and down his arms. "But I still think you should rest for a couple days before you try moving around. Just to make sure your side is healed."

"My side doesn't even hurt anymore, it's just a little sore." he says, putting his hands on my hips and pulls me closer to his body. "I'm alright."

"You're so stubborn." I shake my head and smile.

"So are you, missy." he chuckles and pokes my nose.

"No I'm not." I say, crossing my arms over my chest and glare at him. "What are you doing up anyways?"

"I went downstairs to get some breakfast, but I ended up getting yelled at by Alfredo and my mom for getting up. So, I came back up here and now I'm getting yelled at by my girlfriend for getting up as well." he teases.

I punch him playfully in the chest. "I didn't yell at you. I was just telling you that you shouldn't be moving so much so you don't-"

I get cut off by Justin's lips smashing against mine. It takes me off guard for a moment, but I end up smiling into the kiss as I kiss him back. I put my hands on his chest as the kiss deepens. Justin's hands slide back behind me and I gasp into his mouth when I feel him grab my butt. He only chuckles and continues kissing me.

"I'm going to take a quick shower," Justin says against my lips. "Wanna join me?"

I shake my head quickly. "No."

"Why not?" he asks.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get some breakfast." I lie.

"Okay," Justin kisses my forehead and turns on his heels to head for the bathroom. "Look who being stubborn now." he teases and disappears into the bathroom.