💛 1 💛

Unedited

Her heart was beating furiously and her limps begging her to stop as they need a second to not move but she couldn't heed her body's own plea. Infact she ran faster, as fast as the pleading legs could allow her to.

Reaching her destination she was met by a confused man who was trying to raise his axe to hit the log in front of him.

"Husna?! Lafiya?(is everything okay?) Why are you running like......"

"...Baba Umma!" She cut him off her eyes finally allowing the glands in them to have their way.

Baba released his axe in no time.
"What's wrong with her?! Me yasamu umman taki?(what happened to your umma?)

"Baba I don't know.... Just come!" She grabbed his hands turning around and running back where she came from this time around with her father in tow.

They entered the house as Baba rushed to the woman lying on the hard cemented ground in the compound.

"Hafsatu! Hafsatu! Hafsatu!" Baba called shaking the woman.

"Keh Husna kawo ruwa mana!"(bring water).

A frozen Husna rushed to the well and fetched the water she found in a bucket and rushed back to her parents.

Baba sprinkled tge water on Umma's face but nothing happened. He fetched a handful of the water and poured on her face still no reaction from Umma.

Husna busted into another fit of sobs.
"Baba ta mutu ko?"(she has died right)

Baba threw her a dirty look. He was already having the thought but he was nowhere near accepting that. With shaky hands he tries to lift his wife's unconscious body.

He almost collapsed under the weight of her body although she was a slim woman. Seeing this Husna dashed out. A few minutes later she came back in with a young man behind her.

"Ya Hadi please help us carry her. Baba let him carry her and let's go to the hospital."

Hadi was by Baba's side in seconds as soon as he saw the scene of Umma lying lifelessly on the floor.

He went to pick her up only to be met with very cold body. He retracted his hands.

"Hadi Bazaka iya bane?" (Can't you do it?)

"A'ah Baba Zan iya." (No Baba, I can.)

He reached for the body again and this time he lifted her and walked out the door to his tricycle that was parked outside.

"Husna enter and hold her." he instructed.

In no time they were on their way to the nearest hospital to them.

As soon as they arrived Husna ran inside while Hadi and Baba carried Umma as it seems she has gained more weight.

The nurse met them halfway to the emergency room. She guided then to a bed and started to attempt some first aid treatment.

She searched for a pulse but none was detected. She tried CPR and that was when the sector arrived. He did the same as the nurse has did before pronouncing her dead.

"Innalillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajiun!" Husna shouted at the top of her lungs before her legs gave in and she collapsed there.

*
*
*
*
*

"Haba Husna, don't you have Tawwakul? It's been three days since Ya Hafsatu passed but you have done nothing but cry. She doesn't need all this that you are doing. As her only daughter you are one of the only 3 source of rewards she has in her grave. Pray for her, Kinji Mamana?"