Love isn't...

'Love isn't him calming you down when you yell. It's him yelling, just as loud, just as hard, right back at you, right in your face to wake you up and keep you grounded.'

She stormed into her apartment, Niall hot on her heels he slammed the door behind himself. "Will ya jus calm down honestly" he huffed kicking his shoes off, he found her in her bedroom tugging her jumper over her head, reaching for the zip on the back of her skirt "calm down?" she turned to him, eyes flashing in anger hands on her hips "not doing this again love" he rolled his eyes, leaning against her door frame, arms folded across his broad chest. 

She was right in front of him now "she was all over you, you were lapping it up" she pushed his chest "lapping it up?" he laughed harshly "baby, if I was you would have known" he spat, the anger of her judgment on him flying from his mouth, she gasped taking the smallest step back "fuck you Niall" she hissed feeling a few hot tears splashing onto her cheeks "why do you do this huh?" he asked watching her, feeling the smallest tug of his heart at the sight of her.

She was chewing her lip "because, because you do it all the time" she threw her hands in the air tugging one of his sweats over her head "I haven't laid eyes on another girl since you, since you decided to come into my life and act like this" he pushed away from the door, her eyes flicked over his face "then leave" she yelled frustrated and hurt "just get out and don't come back" she shoved him, tears falling hot and fast "get out Niall" she was out of breath, chest heaving "fine you want that?" he stooped to her height, all five foot of her "you really want me to go huh?" he was in her face, blood pumping "yes" she nodded worrying her lip between her teeth, he nodded pushing his feet back into his shoes, grabbing his keys and jacket "fine" he muttered pulling open the door, looking back at her before he let it swing closed.

'It isn't him bringing you roses every day or cute things that make your relationship appear more presentable. It's after a long fight, that drains the life and bones out of both of you, and yet him showing up at your door the next morning anyway.'

She pulled herself from the bundle of bed covers, head throbbing, hair tangled a mess on top of her head, eyes sore from the crying she had subjected herself to last night. The knocking on the door was persistent she shoved her socked feet into her worn slippers and headed down the hall.

Niall was stood there, looking just like she felt, eyes just as tired as hers "I'm sorry baby" he hung his head sheepishly she shook her head "I should be sorry I was ma-" she was cut off by his lips crashing on hers, she was grabbing at every inch of him, her legs draped around his waist, he was fumbling with the door.

Finally kicking it closed "you weren't enjoying her attention" she muttered against his lips "not one bit kept thinking I want to take me girl home" he dropped his lips to the warm skin of her neck "I hoped you'd come back last night" she pouted fingers tangling in his hair "we both needed to cool down bub" he was maneuvering them down the hall to her room as she nodded.

'It's not him saying all the right things or knowing exactly how to handle you. It's not him caressing your hair and telling you everything is going to be alright. It's him standing there, admitting he's just as scared as you are.

You have to remember that with love, you're not the only one involved. You've unknowingly put your life, your heart into the palms of another person's hands and said, "Here. Do what you will. Mash it into mincemeat, or forget I ever handed it to you."'

She jumped up on the side, as Niall busied himself with making them some food "I am really sorry about last night" she muttered swinging her legs he turned leaning against the side "I know, I just need you to believe me when I say I don't want anyone else" he let out a small sigh, she bit her lip looking up at him "I do believe you" he frowned "but you don't when you act like last night, I'm scared too you know" he crossed the room to her, placing his hands either side of her thighs "I'm scared that I don't know how to do this, I don't know how to make you happy" she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He kissed her cheek "but I want you to know that I'll do anything for you, I've given you my heart and I don't want it back, I just want you to trust me" she curled her fingers into the hair at the base of his neck "I'm really working on it, Niall" she pouted, he smiled nudging her nose with his before dipping down for a kiss "I know and I'm not going anywhere while we work this out together" he left one last kiss on her lips before he turned back to the food.