Chapter 4: He's a She?

A small bit of violence and mature theams.

"So when do we set sails, Kidd?" I asked, James, as we made our way to his ship.

"By morning, the usual, and that is Captain Kidd to you, lad." I chuckled and agreed with his statement. As we headed on his ship I happened to noticed someone by the wheel. I couldn't tell whether it was a he or a she. Bold eyes, black clothing that would blend in with the night, brown hair turned into many tight braids, like a viking hair style. Two dual swords near their waste. 

"Cap'n who's the person by the wheel?" I asked, as his brown eyes looked from me to the wheel.

"Aye. That's my younger sis, they call 'er Tideus. She killed one of the general's back in England, when I got caught and ended up in prison. She helped me escape from that retched place, and here we are, back in sea. She keeps watch on deck and for the crew, like a bigger sister for all of em." We walked over to the captain's quarters, and he stopped.

"You go below deck, lad. This is my quarters." He pointed to the deck. I nodded feeling embarrassed. As I turn my heel and I started walking towards the deck door, James stops me.

"Oye!" I then turn around and look at him.

"I am sure you will get along just fine with the crew, besides your a pretty good lad." He says, now opening the door to his own quarters.

"Thanks, Kidd." I say back before opening the deck door.

"'Ey! That's Captain Kidd to you, mate." I chuckled then we went our separate ways, I felt like the girl I saw near the wheel was watching my every move. As I made my way down there were people sleeping while there were people still up. With the smallest amount of candle light to light up the room. 

"Who are ye?" One asks, now more of them looking at me. I had to get my act all together and not act scared that I am a girl that is pretending to be a guy and has to be in a room full of them.

"I was going to ask ye the same question, lad." I crossed my arms, it seemed like he didn't like my smart-arse comment.

"Well if I don't know who ye are, lad. Then I will have no problem killing ya." The man got off his bunk and stood right in front of me, towering over me, and seemed very intimidating. Ready to snap my neck any second. 

"Bran Highwind, nice to make yer acquaintance." I smirked.

"A Highwind, 'ey?" I nodded.

"Well.... I could of easily mistaken ye for a lass." A few of them started chuckling. I felt a fire go off inside.

"Ha! I could have mistaken ye for a Barmaid, if yer mistaken me for a lass." His expression turned form a winning streak to a losing one, and a angry one. It didn't make sense what I just said, how tall, muscular and scruffy he was. He suddenly grabbed me by the collar and with no effort lifted me off the ground. 

"Listen t' me shrimp, I'm not liking your smart-arse comments. With the captain gone to bed, you follow my rules." I struggled to get out of his grip. I growled at him. I felt a sudden pain to the side of my eye and face. He had defiantly punched me in the side of the face. I tried to hold back the tears and take it like a man. But that's the thing I am not! I was dropped on my arse, with an oof.

"Your weak for a man, Highwind." He laughed going over to his bunk.

I did not want t' sleep in a bunk tonight, I was afraid. Afraid they might kill me. So when he blew out the candle light I crawled over to a corner near two barrels. I curled up into a ball and took out one of my pistols, ready to pull the trigger who ever gets up and comes near me. After hours on hours when I heard them all snoring like barn animals, I was finally able to close my eyes.