Things that I think went well

For one I personally adore the character design. One thing that kept me watching is how fantastic the characters looked and how smooth the animation was. It was genuinely a lovely looking anime.

Another thing is, IF YOU EVEN TRY TO FAULT CROSSING FIELDS I WILL DROP KICK YOU. The soundtrack is amazing. The most mundane thing can be improved with an amazing soundtrack, and with SAO, they don't pull there punches when it comes down to nice music.

Some of the characters I related to more than others. For example, I somewhat understood how Asuna had a rocky relationship with her parents, I only see my Dad once a week and I don't even really consider him a father! More like a really close friend who is the sort of friend that borders on family.

Another thing I like about SAO is the design of the weapons. Sure they don't use them in the right way (the broad slashes Kirito uses leave him wide open for a counter attack that could be easily solved if he focused on using his non dominant sword to parry away oncoming attacks.) But you know damn well that I've been trying to get a hold of replicas of Excalibur and Heathcliff's sword.

Also, SAO isn't afraid to get both dark and sad, it's able to convey moments of true heartbreak like when one of the characters in SAOII dies (if you've watched it you know who I mean and I know you cried as well) or when Kirito confronts the leader of the Moonlit black cats and tells him about what happened to all of his friends and he calmly and quietly climbs over the railing and falls to his death, unable to put up with knowing that his friends are all dead and that one of their own could have helped, but just wanted to stay secretive about their powers.

Many of my friends know me as a somewhat of a clothes horse (I got a lot of praise from my teachers for it) but I damn well love the way some of these character's costumes look. HELL! I can tell what most of these characters personalities are just by there collars or lack of. For example, Kirito wears his collar outwards which hides his face slightly if you where to look at him from the side conveying how at the start of the series he was a hard person to like but easy to love. Asuna's tight fitting collar shows how her family almost has a chokehold on her making sure that she doesn't go anywhere and that they're always going to find away to keep her down. Klein's outfit has no collar at all and it has no interference with his face which shows how much of an open guy he is and how easy to like he is.

I hope this chapter shows that I don't Hate the series, I just yearn so hard for it to be better, it has the potential, it has so much possibility to be something fantastic, but it misses the mark on so many occasions.