Shattered

Special Thanks To Nauyaco for drawing the cover art

Find him on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MayorNauyaco

Why did he keep doing this? He thought by now, after nearly three years of sleeping together month after month, Stolas would be tired of him. After all, isn't that what rich people having affairs did? Just slut around with some random punk to piss off their spouse for a few weeks and then move on to the next one? At least that's what should be happening, but instead, Blitzo was being cuddled in a fancy bed by one of Hell's demon princes who was peacefully hooting in his ear.

After three years of doing this, Blitzo still had no idea why he allowed this to happen. It's not like this was going to end happily ever after or something. Fuck, he knew what Stolas wanted, but it was nothing more than a dream. The owl demon had told him long ago just how bad his marriage to his bitch of a wife was like and how miserable he had been all these years with the only bright spot being Octavia. Frankly, if Blitzo had to deal with such an utter cunt like Stella, he'd cheat the fuck out of her too.

Honestly, things like this made Blitzo glad he wasn't born a noble and forced to marry against his will or else end up being disinherited. His family, both the one he made over the years and the one he was born into, could be troublesome, but they still cared for each other.

On his blood-related family side, Blitzo's father might have been a jerk, but he was a tough-love kind of parent who taught his children how to not take shit from anybody. Blitzo didn't want to admit it, but he did cry after his father's heart attack sent him to the grave. Well, temporarily grave. After all, unless you were killed by angel weapons, all demons eventually came back after their deaths. It was just a matter of how long you stayed in the void until your essence recovered.

On his sibling side, his twin, Barbie, was an utter glory hound who everyone loved and prided herself on being one of the best circus performers in Hell. But she never stopped encouraging Blitzo to try and be better, even if he always failed. And Tillia? Well, she was an angel at heart and was the mother he and his sister never had due to her dying giving birth to them. They had their grips as all siblings did, but they still came together for the holidays and the anniversaries of their parents' deaths as proper siblings.

His current family, the one he made out of hard work and sweat, was just as, if not more, dysfunctional, but he wouldn't trade them for anything. Loona was his beloved adopted daughter, and nothing was going to change that. Moxxie and Millie were his best friends, even if one of them was a pussy and the other was a kissass. Their company had been through ups and downs, victories and defeats, but they came together, in the end, no matter what. None of them would let the other down if it really came to it, and each one of them would risk their neck for the other.

"Hmmm, Blitzy...." Stolas whispered as Blitzo looked down and found that he had been stroking Stolas's back feathers for a while now. Blushing, the imp assassin sighed and slowly made his way out of the bed to get a drink while making sure to grab one of the night robes Stolas made for him last Heckmas. After all, he got in trouble last time he went around naked with his dick hanging out.

***

Arriving at the kitchen, Blitzo opened the fridge and got out a beer before noticing a figure on one of the table's chairs. Octavia looked up from her books and paper as the two demons stared at each other in awkwardness before Blitzo sat down across from her on the table. "Finals work?"

"College sucks," Octavia muttered, rubbing her temples. "I haven't slept in fourteen hours..."

"Which is why I never bothered," Blitzo said, shaking his head before taking a swing at his beer. "I've seen what that shit does to humans in the living world. So much debt and most of them never find a job in their industries, so they end up going into another career, get depression, or ending up doing suicide."