seven ━━ so, you've been replaced

CHAPTER SEVEN: so, you've been replaced

━━━━━━━━

❛ you deserve 𝙞𝙩 ❜

IF TIM SAW her go to the elevator with nothing in her hands, he did not mention it. In fact, Juniper could not see him anywhere after she stood in her old room for a moment before leaving to go up to the roof. She had to talk to Jason again, tell him what she learned about the Lazarus pit and ask him why he had not used it to heal himself. Maybe he was afraid of going mad, she could not blame him for that, but from the looks of it, that was his only way to get better. It seemed so silly though. She was helping someone she barely knew, but that was just who she was. Juniper may be an outcast, but she never failed to offer help when needed. Plus, she wanted to earn forgiveness and this was her only option.

She blinked and found herself in a different room this time. It was the same stone walls, the same carpet design, only this place had a bed, a window, and no torches. She glanced over and saw him standing at the doorway, the glow from the slowly rising sun casting a beautiful orange and sunflower hue on his body. He tensed when he saw her, but unlike the other two times, he did not move to attack her. Instead, he shut the door behind him and removed his mask.

The image she had come up with in her head was almost identical. He did indeed have a slightly crooked nose and scarred cheeks. His eyes were a gorgeous blue color that reminded her of the one blanket she had draped across her bed in the guest room at the Harper household. Inside his eyes told a story, his story, one that she had only heard from the mouths of others and not the main character himself. He was handsome, in an unstereotypical kind of way. He was burly, thick arms and legs, his hands practically double the size of hers. There were no delicate features on him but that was what made him beautiful. In her mind at least. Her broken, pained mind.

Juniper smiled a little bit at him, though she already knew how fake it looked. "I searched about the pit. It is here." She turned serious, giving him a confused expression. "Why have you not used it?"

"If I do, I will go insane." He walked further into the room and that was when she realized he did not have his katana anywhere on his person. "Besides, Ra's never allows anyone else to use it. If they do, they are killed. He hates trespassers. And he's greedy." He faced the window, his back to her. After a moment, his head turned and she saw a flash of a scar underneath his right eye. "I would not be able to get close. And I still did not understand why you care so much. There has to be a reason." He turned back fully to her. "I know there is a reason."

There were so many. She did not even know where to start. Being honest with him was something she knew was needed. She wanted to be honest with him. He could understand, he might.