Chapter 1 - Welcome to the Mindscape Club!

"Dipper, you won't believe me what just happened to me!" Mabel entered our hotel room happily. She was out of breath as if she was running all the way there. So it must have been something big. "What's the matter, Mabel? Don't tell me you actually won the jackpot. "I raised my eyebrows at my sister. "No, but something almost as great. Try to imagine it! I was with a couple of girls from the hotel at an event with a raffle, and guess what! I won 2 VIP tickets for today's show at the Mindscape club! "She said, waving the tickets triumphantly in front of my face. I didn't know how she managed to get tickets to such a show, but I definitely didn't plan to go there with her. "Oh, that's great, Mabel. But I must disappoint you because I will not go there with you. "I responded, bored, and returned to reading my book. Mabel was quite taken aback by my answer, and she was quite upset about it. That meant nothing good.

"What? Dip-Dop, you can't be serious! It's one of the best clubs in all of Los Angeles. We didn't come here just to read books in our room. We are officially adults, recent university graduates! So why not celebrate with a big party at a club like this? "She argued, sitting down on the bed next to me. I mean, yeah, she was right. We came to LA to celebrate graduating from university and entering life as working adults. It was only a trip for 5 days, and we have already spent 4 of them walking through the city, visiting local museums and monuments. Nothing very exciting if you ask Mabel. So it was obvious that she wanted to have fun, and this was just playing into her hands.

"But what about money? You know we didn't get much from our parents for this trip. I think the club as such must be as expensive as an ass. So even if the tickets were free, the drinks would cost us a lot of money. "I used a counter-argument, but that didn't deter her. "That's the best thing about it! As VIP guests there, we have all the drinks and food completely free. So all we have to do is get dressed nicely and go there to enjoy the show. I'm moving. "She moved closer to me, making dog eyes. This quarrel could take hours, but it was clear to me at that moment that she had won over me. So I sighed with a sense of defeat. "Okay. I'll go there with you if you want it so badly. "

"Thank you, Dipper! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Well, the show doesn't start until 8 so we still have 2 hours. Aaah, I'm so looking forward to it! Thanks again, bro. You're just the best! "She smiled, and I sighed again. "Well, that'll be such a pain in the ass," I thought.

But little did I know how this night would change my whole life...

-------------------------------

The Mindscape Club was located in the heart of the city. This 7-story entertainment venue was the most exclusive club in the entire area. Just by the length of the line outside the door, we immediately recognized how popular it was. If we didn't have the VIP tickets (with the option not to wait in line) we would have to stand out there like those who were lucky enough to buy at least the cheapest tickets for today's show. Well, the cheapest... When I looked for the price of basic tickets on Mabel's mobile phone (because I had a broken one at home), I almost fainted. $ 300 just for entering! I didn't want to know how much our tickets could cost. At least now I understood why Mabel was so happy with those tickets.

"Welcome to Mindscape Club, can I help you?" The man greeted us at the front desk. He was tall, dark-skinned, and had short black hair. His white suit was spotless and must have cost more than my annual tuition. "Oh, yes. We have VIP tickets for tonight. Our names are Mabel and Dipper Pines." Mabel smiled at the man and handed him the tickets. She dressed very nicely for the show. She was wearing a pink dress, a purple jacket, stiletto heels, and even took her best handbag with her. She also did not forget to take a necklace with earrings and use enough perfume. She claimed that if it was the best club in town, she had to look representative. What if she would meet a celebrity there!