Five

The roars of the crowd fill my ears, along with my heart beat beating in my ears.
I stand, ready for my opponents move, my fists guarding my face carefully. I've seen him fight before, so, I watch his feet, knowing that he steps before he punches.
Slide, step.
I dodge his punch and land my own in his stomach, and then one to his face. He goes down, and the announcer counts to ten. Once it's over I glance at Dylan who has a worried expression on his face, and nervousness fills me. What could've happened?
We walk into the back quietly, and I sit,
"Alright, what's up?"
"It's Soyer," he states.
"What about her?" I reply, unwrapping my hands.
"She's in the hospital," he tells me and I freeze.
"What?" I question, my voice sharp.
"After you left the party a guy asked her out, he was drunk and drove, they were hit head-on," he says carefully.
"Is she okay?" I ask cooly.
"I'm not sure, I'm going to the hospital after this if you want to come," he informs.
She wouldn't want to see me, she hates me.
"I'm doing something after this," I answer, and he nods.
I think it's time to see my uncle.
**********************************************************************************
I knock on the door and it swings open revealing my uncle.
"Finally deciding to come back, huh?" He questions, smiling.
"Hey, uncle, I actually brought you something," I reply.
He steps aside and I step in to the place I grew up in. The memories were still too much, which is another reason I moved it with Dylan.
I sit on the old couch and my uncle sits across from me expectantly.
"Four hundred, it's all I've got right now," I tell him, and hold the money towards him.
He looks down at it, then back up at me, "keep it."
I furrow my eyebrows, "it's for you. I owe it to you."
He shakes his head, "something tells me that you have something better to spend it on than me. Someone."
I straighten, "what are you talking about?"
His lips turn up, "you haven't come to visit me in-what?- a year? You're not here to bring me money, kid."
"There's no one," I assure him.
He nods, "so, Dylan called me earlier today. He told me about this new friend of his girlfriend. What was her name? Sammy? Sarah?-"
"Soyer," I correct him. "What about her?"
"Something about how she's the first girl who hasn't given any attention to you and basically hated your guts," he tells me, and I scowl, "yep, that's kitten alright."
He chuckles, "he also told me how you weren't too happy about the other guys dancing with her at the party."
I scoff, "he said that? Well, I could care less who she dances with."
He raises an eyebrow, "so defensive. Something you're not telling me, kid? Something you're not admitting to yourself?"
I shake my head and stand, "don't think that just because I came back gives you the right to run my thoughts and feelings. I don't like her, she's a pain in the butt. Good day, uncle."
With that, I walk back outside and towards the apartment. Me like Soyer? No, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.