Chapter 1

"Special move: king lion crushing fang!" Kyoya exclaimed, swinging his arm forward.

The wind in the stadium began to pick up, swirling into a tornado and lifting every Beyblade into the sky.

"I'll send every one of you flying! Do you hear me?!" Kyoya roared, no longer caring what happened to any Bey besides his own.

"Kyoya!" Gingka called, though the rest of his words were drowned out by the roaring wind.

Out of nowhere, Pegasus charged toward Leone's tornado, crashing right through the wall of wind and slamming into Leone.

Kyoya glared at his rival. "Gingka?! Why you-"

"Now, Horuseus!" Nile's voice cut him off. "Mystic zone!"

A yellow glow emitted from the middle of the tornado before it cut through it. The wind died down. Several Beyblades rained down from the sky like hail while others flew back into the bladers' hands. Kyoya caught his Beyblade with a grunt.

"How dare you get in my way, Gingka!" he growled as his rival caught his own Beyblade, glancing over his shoulder as Kyoya yelled at him, "How about you and I settle things right here and now! What do you say?!"

"What are you talking about Kyoya?" Gingka asked, turning to him. "You need to chill out."

*Chill out?!* Kyoya stiffened with anger.

"Gingka..." Kyoya narrowed his eyes at his main rival. "Don't tell me you've forgotten who I am already."

"Huh?" Gingka's eyes were wide.

"I told you from the start: I'm not teaming up with anyone!" Kyoya could feel the others' gazes on him as he spoke, "The reason I am with you is so I can defeat the others that possess the power of the star fragment and then, finally, I will defeat you! It's so I can settle the score with you!"

"Kyoya?" Gingka's voice was high with disbelief.

"Kyoya, buddy..."

Kyoya glanced up at Benkei as he began to speak. He stood with Nile and Demure, their former teammates on Team Wild Fang. Confusion was plastered on each of their faces.

"But you've worked so hard with us to get this far," Yuki protested, "How can you say something like that after all we've been through?!"

"That's right, Kyoya," Gingka added, his tone surprisingly stern. "Listen, if you say you want to battle me, I won't run or hide. That's not the way I roll. I will accept your challenge any time." Kyoya turned to Gingka with a growl. He was going on one of his 'I'm a noble hero' speeches again.

*I don't want to be a hero! I just want to live my life without all this other nonsense getting in the way!*

"But think: what possible good would the two of us fighting do?" Gingka continued, "It won't be too late for us to have a battle after we defeat the Great Evil and prevent Nemesis's revival. Can't you see that, Kyoya? Right now we must work together: Yuki, Dynamis, King, you, me, as a team. All of us. Can't you understand that?"

Kyoya could see reason in Gingka's words but he wasn't about to admit it out loud.

"All of us together?" Kyoya asked.

He cast a glance at Aguma, one of the legendary bladers, standing on the side of Johannes's group. Aguma's words earlier rang in his head. *Just admit you believe that guy's nonsense because it makes you feel like some sort of saviour!*

Kyoya let out a growl. *I'm no saviour!*

"I'm done here," Kyoya growled, turning and stomping toward the temple's exit. "You all can do whatever you want on your own."