Chapter 1 Freedom

Freedom... On horseback... Riding, riding far away from this retched place called... " Haley! Haley!" Haley's eyes opened to see her teacher, Mrs. Smith, looking down at her with a frown. " I thought I told you no more daydreaming! You have to study and work hard if you want to do well this year." She told her, her eyes were pleading as she looked into Haley's eyes. The bell Rang. "Remember class study for your entrance exams for high school tomorrow." 'Oh shoot' Haley thought. 'I need to do well on those'. Haley was in 8th grade, about to enter high school and needed to get an A this year. Haley was 13 now, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes and a spirit of horses pulsing through her. She walked out of the class room still trying to regain that daydream that had seemed so real. "Haley!" she heard her name, and swung her head around to see Sarah and Charli , her two best friends, coming towards her. "Haley! How was the day?" Sarah Asked. "Fine," Said haley as she rolled her eyes and laughed. They walked out the front door of the school and out into the court yard. It was then that she saw her dad pull up in his old silver truck. It stopped with jolt and her dad climbed out to wave at her. Haley's dad was a tall man named Chris, with short blonde hair, and blue eyes. "Hello my beautiful girl ,how was your day?"He asked. "Pretty good." Haley responded smiling. She climbed into the car and off they went. The beautiful scenery of hills, pastures, and mountains flew by in a blur of green and white. they pulled into a long narrow driveway, lined with white pastures, and nickering horses. " remember, we can't stay here as long as last time, we have to get home before dinner." Said Chris sternly. " and you have to study, don't think I didn't forget." "ughh" said Haley in an anguished tone. they both climbed out of the truck, and Haley ran inside the big red barn. There stood her horse, Koko,a tall, black quarter horse mare. Koko tossed her head in excitement. " hello my beautiful girl, I missed you my little muffin." " i forgot how gorgeous she is" said Chris behind her. she heard footsteps behind her and turned  to see Sarah walking down the aisle way. This was Sarah's barn, but Sarah's family was allowing Haley to keep her horse here for the time being. " hey y'all! Hello, Mr. Henry." Said sarah. " Koko's being a good girl isn't she?" " yes she is!" answered Haley. She smiled and patted her beautiful horse. Life couldnt be going better. Little did she know she had another thing coming.