Missing Wife

I groaned as my nose was the first to wake up, as usual. My eyes felt heavy as well did my entire body.

"Nory ... " I whined. I don't know when I became such a baby but I could be one in front of my wife and still be treated as a man.

"I'm right here, Red." I felt a tiny hand on my forehead. Then I felt a kiss.

"What happened?" I groaned.

"I beat the crap out of your old friends." I smiled.

"Why can't I move?"

"You're still stunned from the weapon your old friend used. I think it was witch-blessed. I've been trying to ease the pain but I'm a little out of practice with my magic." I moaned, trying to shake my head.

"Where's Cab now?"

"I don't know. But I've placed an enchantment on the area. Your scent practically doesn't exist to all other wolves." Nora got up off the bed and I whimpered. It was strange having dull senses and not being able to see anything.

I wanted to reach out and keep her from leaving me. Then I felt her weight weigh down the bed beside me and a wet cloth touch my forehead. It felt really good since my body felt like a burning furnace. Nora stroked her fingers through my hair and cooed me to sleep.

I woke again and, this time, having the ability to open my eyes. I rubbed at them and slightly smiled at having control of my limbs again. I then realized I was being held by Nora. She was propped against the headboard with my head in her lap. I sat up and looked at her sleeping face. I kissed her forehead and she didn't even stir. I smiled and cupped her soft cheek.

She must be tired. I guessed. I got up and suddenly became overwhelmed with lightheadedness. I sat back down on the bed but had accidentally jostled the whole thing.

"Babe?" I turned around and found Nora waking up. I twisted over to her and she smiled down at my face. "Morning, honey." She lovingly greeted. She ran her hand down my hair and face.

"You look really tired."

"Yeah, I waited on you these past few days."

"Days? How long have I been out?"

"Three days."

"What!? Where's Cab?"

"I don't know." Nora yawned. She scooted down and cuddled into the covers. I frowned but scooted further onto the bed and cradled her in my arms.

"I'm sorry for making you worried." She softly smiled.

"I love you, Red."

"I love you, too." I kissed her forehead. I would have stayed with her as she slept in the bed but the shower and toilet were calling my name. My stomach was also growling like crazy. After cleaning myself up, I searched the fridge for food and couldn't find anything easy to fix myself. And by fix I mean left overs, which really we never have since I practically eat everything Nora cooks.

I boldly left Nora in the cabin and took the truck into town. I kept a low profile which was very hard to do since I was the biggest man in town. I got food from the diner Nora and I had frequented three days ago and Sally helped me get everything into the truck.

I drove back to the cabin and Nora was still asleep. I decided to eat and wait for her to wake up.

I was almost done with all of my food when Nora stirred in her sleep and called my name. I quickly ran over and sat on the bed.

"Did you buy food?" I sheepishly swallowed what I was chewing. "Did you save me any?" I guiltily smiled. She sighed.

"Have you eaten at all these past few days?" She shook her head honestly. I was glad she was being honest since she had a history of not being fully truthful with me. Or at least not answering my questions.