Prince Charming & Angle's Love Story

Taani woke up on the morning of her eighteenth birthday feeling an odd mix of excitement and nervousness. It wasn't just any day. Today felt different, as if a chapter of her life was about to turn, but the details were still out of focus. As she stood in front of the mirror, her fingers nervously smoothed the creases of her dress. Her heart raced, not just from the thrill of turning eighteen, but because today she had made up her mind—she was finally going to confess her feelings to Rey.

For years, Taani had loved him. He was her best friend, the person who knew her better than anyone else. But more than that, Rey was the one she had quietly fallen in love with. They had shared everything, from school to late-night chats, to dreams about the future. And after all these years, she couldn't keep her feelings hidden anymore. Today, she would tell him.

As she glanced out the window, the morning sun painted a soft glow across the yard where they had spent countless hours together. Her phone buzzed, pulling her from her thoughts.

"Happy Birthday, Taani! Can't wait to celebrate with you today!" It was Rey. A smile spread across her face, warming her heart. He had always been thoughtful, always there for her. She knew Rey loved her, but not in the way she had longed for.

Taani walked down the hall, her excitement building as she thought about what the evening might bring. But as she passed Rey's parents' room, hushed voices stopped her in her tracks. The door was slightly ajar, and curiosity got the better of her. She stepped closer, straining to hear.

"We need to tell her today," Rey's father said, his voice unusually grave. "She deserves to know the truth."

There was a pause, and Taani's heart began to pound. What truth? What could they possibly be talking about?

Rey's mother's voice followed, soft and full of worry. "But she's so sensitive. I don't know if she can handle it."

Panic surged through Taani's chest. Her feet were rooted to the floor, her breath coming in shallow gasps. What truth were they keeping from her? She had always felt safe in this house, always loved by Rey's parents as if she were their own. But now, in the silence that followed, that safety felt fragile.

Her voice trembled as she stepped forward, no longer able to stand the uncertainty. "What truth do I need to know?" she asked, her voice cutting through the quiet room.

Both of them turned in surprise, their faces pale, caught off guard. Her heart raced as she watched the expression in their eyes—fear, guilt, something she couldn't quite place. The silence stretched on for what felt like forever before Rey's father finally spoke.

"Taani," he said softly, his tone filled with regret. "There's something we should have told you a long time ago."

Taani felt her stomach churn. She could barely breathe as she listened.

"You're adopted."

The word hung in the air, heavy and cold. For a moment, Taani didn't understand. Adopted? The word echoed in her mind, strange and foreign. It didn't make sense. These people, Rey's parents—they were her parents. They had raised her, loved her. How could this be?

"Your biological parents passed away when you were a baby," Rey's father continued. "We took you in because... you were family to us. We didn't want you to feel alone."

Taani's world crumbled. She couldn't move, couldn't speak. The life she had known, the family she had loved, wasn't hers at all. The room seemed to spin, her vision blurring as tears welled up in her eyes. Without another word, she turned and ran. Her feet carried her down the hallway, past the memories of a childhood that now felt like a lie.