episode five - "the new a-troupe"

The teams are in their places in Studio A.

KINGSTON: We have five more dance battles to get through. My name hasn't been picked yet and the suspense is killing me.

JUDE: I'm so nervous for when it's my turn to be picked out of the hat. I just know that there's a part of me that will want to run away and hide. But I can't do that, I need to fight for my spot on the Nationals team.

NICK: Finn, since you won the last battle you get to pull the first name out of the A-troupe hat. 

Finn grins and leaves his spot at the side of the room and joins Nick. He pulls out a piece of paper.

FINN: Ozzy! 

Ozzy smiles and walks up to Finn and Nick. 

OZZY: I'm not nervous. I don't have the risk of going against my sister anymore, which was the one thing that was sort of holding me back. I have a newfound confidence from my DanceMania solo, so I'm pretty sure I've got this spot in the bag.

Ozzy pulls a name out of the B-troupe hat.

OZZY: Jude?

Jude's eyes widen as she walks up to the middle of the room. 

JUDE: This isn't good. This guy is incredible.

NICK: You know the drill. Be back here in an hour, 'kay?

Jude and Ozzy agree and people start to leave the room.

~~~

Izzy is sitting in The Next Steep, with an iced tea scrolling through her phone. Heath walks in and sees her sitting there, and walks up to her table.

HEATH: Can I sit?

Izzy looks up and smiles. 

IZZY: Yeah, of course.

Izzy turns off her phone as Heath sits down next to her.

HEATH: So, are you nervous?

IZZY: Nervous? Why would I be nervous, I've already done my battle.

HEATH: I mean for Oswald.

IZZY: Oh. Um, I want to be? 

IZZY: Ozzy is an amazing dancer. Jude is great, but she's not at Ozzy's caliber just yet. I want to have faith in her, but the hope is pretty small.

HEATH: What do you mean by that?

IZZY: You know... Jude is amazing. But in what universe can she beat Ozzy?

HEATH: Hopefully this one. I don't want to dance on the same team as Oswald again.

Izzy laughs and smiles at him. 

HEATH: Oh yeah, we're on the same team now. 

HEATH: I'm really glad me and Izzy are on the same team finally. She's so fun to be around.

IZZY: Oh yeah! Better watch out Heathcliff, I might just upstage you.

HEATH: In your dreams, Isabella.

They laugh together for a moment.

~~~

Everyone is in Studio A waiting for a solo to start. Jude is nominated to go first and stands in the middle of the floor. Cleo gives her a thumbs up and winks, making Jude smile. The song 'Falling Behind' starts playing and she begins her solo.