Chapter 5

Chapter 5

By the time my dad came downstairs, Fayth was just about finished cooking the food.

Jesus Christ, did he look tired. He'd probably only gotten about four hours of sleep. His ass was definitely going back to bed after eating and the weird confrontation that was to come.

"Smelled bacon and came runnin'," my dad, Akeem, mumbled sleepily as he reached the last step. He was definitely not running and thank god, because the last thing he needed to do was hurt himself.

I- I'd still probably laugh if he fell down the stairs. In a loving and concerned way, of course.

Gods, I'm fucked up.

The older man looked surprised to see my presence in the kitchen as he made his way over.

"How you feelin', Ricky?" My dad asked as he sat down on a stool beside me. He was the only one who called me Ricky and sometimes I wished he wouldn't. Not that I'd voice my opinion on the matter any time soon. Or at all.

After lazily swatting away the hand that found its way to my forehead, I responded with a groan. "M'fine, Pops. Just a little sore and hungry as hell."

"Good. Make sure you eat something and here," he handed me my phone that I hadn't noticed was in his other hand. "Think you got a call, heard it vibrating on the way down here."

I raised a brow as I unlocked the handheld device, barely sparing a glance at the lock screen - a picture Fayth took of the both of us, we were smiling goofily, looking about as high as we felt - as I entered the code. "It's just Jules," I said to no one in particular as I took note to the missed calls and now 3 new messages.

"What does the crackhead want?" Fayth asked as she began plating food and my dad huffed a laugh. Julius was a handful and everyone knew it. That man was ball of energy and sex.

"Dunno yet," I answered as opened the app, reading what he'd sent me.

Ero-Sennin 😈💦
11:32

[Answer the fuckin phone]

[I hope ur not answering cause ur jackin off]

[Not cause ur ignoring me 🙃]

Me

[Tf you want, asshole? 🙄]

Ero-Sennin 😈💦

[First of all fuck u 🖕🏽]

[Secondly we're goin to boystown sat for my bday]

[Bring the she-devil with u 👌🏽😤]