Ch.1~ Falling Through

This story begins with 5 friends and a single game night.

            Nealon, Austin, Aaron, Krista, & Taylor sat down in front of their Laptops, turning on their Laptops at the very same time and something strange happened. Their screens began to glow different colors for no apparent reason.

            They all began to feel this... uneasiness. Then when they touched their screens, they fell through them and were falling from the sky. They saw each other and Nealon yelled "What happened to us this is weird! Its freaking me out!" Krista replied "I don't know but we are free! Free Falling!" Taylor yelled "So not funny!"

            They closed in on the surface below and saw a lake. "There is where we all need to go! Look for the darkest looking spot and fall there!" Austin yelled. They braced there selves for impact with the cold water and luckily hit the most deep part.  They all surfaced. "Is everyone Okay?" Aaron asked. They all nodded and swam to shore. They crawled up onto the beach and lay there breathing heavy from swimming and the impact of hitting the water.

            "Where exactly are we?" Austin heaved. "We all fell through our computers, I don't know how but it's great fun!" Nealon said in a sarcastic tone, rising up lifting up a finger then falling back down again. "No need for your smart mouth" Krista said. They all laughed and got up, surveying the beach they had crawled on to. They walked over to the edge of the beach, laying under the trees and looking towards the flat land with mountains in the distance just beyond that was the now setting sun. "How about we just rough it out here for tonight" Taylor said enthusiastically.

            They gathered wood, fire and food. The pigs near them were killed for their meat to eat and fish were caught from the lake. They built a fire and sat down for the night while Nealon cooked there dinner, even though he was a vegetarian, and unfortunately a little bit on the chubby side.

            They ate off of cleaned, flat stones washed in the lake by Krista. They ate in silence and lied down on the soft sand of the beach and woke to a sound in the middle of the night. Nealon and Austin were still awake when the sound happened by the forest separating the plain from the beach. Nealon got up from the waters edge to see what Austin began staring into the woods in an attempt to see.

            Then suddenly a rattling began to happen from behind the nearest tree and the scrapping of something on tree was heard. Its white hand turned the round of the tree to tap them against it. Its face came forth, but it was not much of a face, it was all bones of a human person. It came into full view.

            It moved very slowly around the tree, its skeletal feet clicking against the stones under its feet. Its bony hand holding a bow on one side of its body and no arrows in sight. It turned awkwardly on its jaunty hip bone, as if it had been hit, causing it to move awfully slowly. It saw us and let at a very high pitched scream, that felt like it would liquefy our brains. It stopped only to pull an arrow out of its rib cage, the arrow made of bone. It fired one shot and missed.

            If it had not been for that one missing shot, Taylor would have been hit and not had enough time to kick it right in the leg, causing it to snap and break under sheer force from the blow. It toppled but stood right back up on its one good leg and dragged the broken end f the other behind it. It was very slow and stopped using the bow it carried as it had broken from the fall.

            Taylor came in and hit the arm of the skeleton and its arm fell right off becoming a sharpened edge. It finally toppled backwards, not able to get up from the force of hitting the ground and not able to roll over due to its various broke limbs. Tyler stood over it and it slashed at him with the sharpened leg and arm. It narrowly missed and became unmoving once again.

            The sun began to rise over the oceans waters, dawn nearly there. The skeleton began screeching and sprawling, as if wanting to move away from the light of the sun. The sun then came into full view over the skeleton and it let out a screech.

            The figure then began to crack and pop all over, screeching like a trapped animal in the wild. It finally subsided when the sunlight reached its face and its jaw and skull began cracking then finally snapping to pieces, finally ending its horrid screeching. The bones laid there in a pile still crackling until only a fine dust was left of it and then being whisked away by the wind.

            The dawn had saved their lives. For once in their lives, they were grateful for the sun.