Ch. 2~ Westward Winds

They were still rattled from the experience of what had just occurred moments ago. They had been attacked, by some dead creature that moved on its own, and dies in the sun. They were all not able to comprehend the idea of this happening, or exactly why it had happened. 

    They soon found in the woods, by where the skeleton had come from, was a broken down wagon with a wheel popped off and roof slightly ripped and billowing in the wind. They did not see any people or horses to pull the wagon. 

    They believed what had attacked them had killed the people here or scared them away. They searched near the woods and found a horse just grazing in the little open clearing in the trees. It had to be one of the two that pulled the wagon due to it having reins. 

    They walked up to the horse, trying to beckon it with them but it was to no avail until Nealon had an idea. "You guys what here while I go get something." He said motioning for them to stay and keep the horse there.

    He walked back to the wagon and peered in the back of it, finding what he believed would be there. 5 carrots were in the back of the wagon. He took the carrots and walked back and beckoned the horse. The horse saw and followed him to the wagon. 

    While doing this, Taylor had began replacing the wagons wheel and Krista fixing the top of the wagon with a tarp of hide in the back, re-sowing it into the top, patching the hole and Taylor popped the wheel back in place. 

    Nealon and Austin reattached the horse to the wagon and climbed into it the seat. Aaron soon came with a bucket of water and put it in back with a cover, they would need it for horses and themselves. They went back to the beach, grabbing the leftover food and rocks to eat with.

    They all rushed into the back of the wagon, except Austin who had to drive the horses and Nealon look out for dangers and any signs of life. Krista slumped in the middle over the seat from the back, Taylor and Aaron lazily slumped in the back. Austin snapped the reins and the horse set off at a slow pace but soon became a bit faster on the beaten path out of the woods.

    They soon left the woods, moving tree branches aside to not get hit in the face. They jerked out of the woods on the path and was meet by plains of flowers and few trees in sight. The team was finally on a path to a new place and well they were happy to have the luck to find the horse and wagon.

        They dipped over a hill and saw a town about 20 miles away. "If and I mean If we are lucky we will make it there by dawn tomorrow." Krista said, very insightfully. "Maybe we can finally have a decent place to actually sleep." Taylor said. Aaron nodded in agreement to this insight. The group were finally on there way somewhere but there was still a long journey ahead of them.