NEW YEAR BONUS CHAPTER

"Please, love! Can we go to watch the fireworks at the park?"

Mark shook his head, "No. We'll stay here and watch it from here. Jaemin and the others will come over as well to celebrate with us."

"Not even if I give you puppy eyes?" Donghyuck asked and gave him big puppy eyes with a pout.

"No. You need to take a rest," the man sighed, "I'll be at the living room. Call me if you ever want something."

The reason why Donghyuck wasn't allowed to go is because of fatigue. He fell unconscious at work so he was rushed to the hospital. He was advised to take a rest and it's been a week but Mark hasn't bringing him elsewhere except their apartment. Donghyuck should be okay by now but his husband said otherwise.

After what happened to the boy about a few years ago, Mark's never putting his guard down. He's been very strict with Donghyuck's whereabouts and whatever he is doing. He didn't want anything bad happen to the boy ever again.

Donghyuck found it very annoying.

He wants to catch up with things after he got into a coma for a few years but Mark's being a douche. He understands the concern but atleast not to the point it's choking him. Mark's been a responsible and loving husband but Donghyuck thought it's too much right now.

The boy sighed and just tried sleeping, easing out his frustrations and emotions.

"Is Hyuck resting?"

Mark nodded, "I hope he is. He's pushing me to let him watch the fireworks at the park and I said no. I'm sure he's upset but it is for his own good. Do you get me, Jaemin? The doctor advised to take a rest and yet he's being stubborn."

Jaemin chuckled, "You're too much."

"Me? Too much? Really, Jaemin?" the man asked. He was sitting on the counter while his friend was preparing food.

"Yeah. You weren't like that, let's admit it."

"Donghyuck was in a coma a few years ago because he got into an accident. You think I won't get traumatized by it?" Mark uttered, "I don't want to lose him..."

"You'll lose him with that attitude."

Mark sighed and wanted to refuse listening but maybe Jaemin has a point.

"It's not bad to protect him or get strict but accidents and incidents like those can't be stopped when it's bound to happen, don't they? I would suggest letting him breathe. Donghyuck is a very assertive person and you're the only one who can understand him the most. You're also married to each other so it means you two should understand each other despite the differences."

Mark didn't reply but he was thinking. He unconsciously started playing with the wedding ring he has. He then slowly looked at Donghyuck's bedroom door.

Donghyuck was lying on his side, his back facing his door. He has nothing to do but trying to sleep as much as he can because by now, it's the only thing he can do by now. He's still upset at Mark but what can he do. He knows Mark just wants him to be away from everything that could harm him again.

He just sighed and was about to go to sleep again but jolted when he heard his door opening. He didn't look behind but he saw the shadow of his husband. The door slowly closed and heard footsteps getting louder as the man got closer. The man lay down and slowly backhugged the boy.

"Hyuck?"

Donghyuck didn't answer and just wanted to wait for what Mark will be saying.

"Get dressed."

The boy's eyes widened. He slowly turned himself to face Mark with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" Donghyuck asked.

Mark warmly smiled, "We'll go see the fireworks tonight after dinner."

"No way...Really?" the boy suddenly sat up and looked down at his husband.

"Yeah. You don't want to?"

Donghyuck leaned down to kiss Mark on the lips, "There's no way you'll change your mind!"

"I won't because it's what you want."

Both of them went out of their apartment, leaving Jaemin and the others there, to go to the park where the Han River is. They dressed warmly with Donghyuck being excited like a kid. Mark thought he should give whatever his husband wants to make him smile but at the same time, he'll protect like he always used to do.

They arrived shortly and people were also there to see the fireworks display. They sat down on the grass where the view is clear and they could see the fireworks. Mark wrapped an arm around Donghyuck's shoulders.

"I understand why you acted like that and I'm sorry if I got upset," Donghyuck suddenly said, in a soft tone, and looked back at Mark, "I know you just want the best for me and I love you for that. Thank you for taking care of me. I don't know when you will get sick of it but I'm grateful that you still stayed and never gave up on me."

"We're together for a reason. I'll stay strong for the both of us," Mark said, "I love you too. Remember that."

They shared a short peck before they jolted when the fireworks finally go off. They laughed before they settled in each other's arms, being in the warmest place they could be.