LOSING HARLEM (PROLOGUE)

𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍
___

𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

"Here's your beautiful baby girl. Any names in mind? " The nurse handed Tiandra her newborn daughter.

"I don't know yet... I haven't really had any help." She smiled at her baby even though she would be forced to give her away soon.

Tia was only sixteen and a child was not in her plan. She was your average teenager in highschool with parents who were strict and had high expectations of her.

"Well you have a day or two. I'm sure it will be lovely." The nurse said before walking out of the room.

"Hi baby." Tiandra smiled. "You're so pretty mamas."

Tia wished her parents would understand what happened to her. She didn't have this baby because she was being grown or fast. Her uncle raped her at their New Years Party in January and threatened to do it again if she told even though he would still do it every chance he got.

When she'd get in trouble, her parents sent her to her aunts house as "discipline" and thats when her aunt would allow Tia's uncle to rape her.

The reason for all of this was jealousy. Tiandra's mother; Jackie was the favored child between her and her aunt. Their parents adored Jackie. She played all of the sports, she got good grades, she was the most talented, Jackie married a good man, she had the most money and lived in better conditions and most of all, she was able to give birth.

Kelly on the other hand was the troubled child. Her grades were always below basic, she never attracted good men, her husband beat on her for not being able to make babies and she worked in retail.

All the hate she never got to spew on her sister and her parents, she took it out on Tiandra.

Tia never knew why her uncle did what he did, but when she tried to tell her parents they couldn't believe such thing, so her parents to beat her for being "grown" instead of sticking up for her.

They made up every reason possible to justify what had happened.

Her mother would say "Oh well if you'd stop wearing those lil bitty clothes around grown folks then maybe nobody would look at you in that way."

Tiandra believed otherwise. If I have to change my clothes for a guest then they simply do not belong in a house with children or anybody for that matter. Why am I changing clothes, so that a man can control his penis?

She looked at a paper magazine on her nightstand that talked about a live band from Harlem.

"Hm. Do you like the name Harlem stinka butt?" Tiandra cooed. "I think I'm gonna name you Harlem Synica Brown. Yea, mommy likes that."

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Tiandra bring yo grown ass in here so we can go!" Her mother yelled from down the hall.

Today was the day that she'd be dropping her baby off with their social worker so that she could be adopted or taken into foster care.

If it was up to Tia, she'd keep her baby and work hard to give Harlem the world, but her parents gave her a ultimatum. Either she aborts the baby, give it up for adoption, or she moves out.

Tiandra sniffled while looking at her baby. "I love you stinka butt." She kissed her daughters chubby cheeks while staring into her beady, brown eyes. She wiped her tears and grabbed her bags before heading to the car.

"C'mon girl. These people waiting on us." Jackie hissed.

"One day.... we'll reunite baby girl." She whispered to her daughter .

𝐉𝐚𝐧 3-4 2021

idk how i got this idea.... let the games beginnn