03

"isn't there even a tiny bit of chance that he can live?" she asked apprehensively.

the doctor shook his head.

"well, ms. lee, i wish i could tell you that. we doctors can't lie. you know that the only reason he's living now is because of you. his chances of living are....really less. if i have to be completely honest with you, then i'm sure he's gonna spent his last week in excruciating pain and there's nothing we can do about it."

"so you're telling me that he's gonna spent his last week in agony?" she asked, running her hand through her hair nervously. her eyes flickered towards the papers the doctor held.

the doctor nodded, causing her to feel vexed.

"what do you doctors even do? death is better than lasting pain. how is he even going to-" 

"i told you there's nothing we can do about it." the doctor interrupted, flipping the pages.

now she was really annoyed, what did he mean by 'no chance'? wasn't there always a way?

"it's all fate dear, fate is something that can turn tables at any time," the doctor said, before leaving the room.

"fate is shit." she muttered under her breath, before leaving the room and taking a chocolate out of her pocket.

***

question: you guys want a happy ending or a sad one?