Chapter Twenty-Seven

The song above is the song I used for this chapter.

A woman entered the stage, a gorgeous one; so much so that gorgeous was not a strong enough word to describe her elegance and grace. The air I breathed in my lungs escaped, my chest tightening. My heart increased its speed to a speed that was unimaginable. The focus of cleaning the glasses drifted away as I gawked at the female performer.

Her dress was of a classy fashion, nothing bedazzling or revealing as of the other ladies. A modest dress in a light shade of blue, and yet she carried it with such poise and dexterity that the simplicity of her dress wasn't noticeable. Her silky black hair was tied neatly into an elegant bun; some lose curls straying from the hairstyle and made their way onto her face. Rings, bracelets, and a small simple hat adorned her divine figure as I could nothing but ogle her.

Something wet came out of my mouth before I noticed that my drool dribbled from my mouth. Embarrassed, I wiped it out immediately. God, I'm falling hard for this woman, and I had yet to meet her! I thought to myself.

A soft tune from a piano emanated across the room, the silence of the audience brought an echoing feature across the hall. The melody becoming a smooth massage to my ears. The woman closed her eyes before singing in a clear voice.

"I hear you calling me," she sang as her bewitching voice enchanted the onlookers. The soft pitch of her voice made it seem like she was an angel singing from the heavens.

"You called me when the moon had veiled her light," she continued as she stepped down from the small platform to mingle amongst the men. Something burned inside me as she flashed a wink to a man from the audience. The man, flustered, sank into his chair and daydreamed about the maiden.

"Before I went from you into the night; I came, – do you remember? – back to you," She sauntered over to the man sitting behind her first admirer and sat on the table in front of him. "For one last kiss beneath the kind stars' light." She gave him a small boop on the nose, presenting him a small smile before standing up. The man's face turned into a deep red that made him seem like a tomato.

Whilst she enthralled all the men in the pub, I, for one, peered at her from the counter, both charmed and confused.

She seemed so familiar. I swore I had seen her face before as if she came from a dream. It was at the tip of the tongue, I could feel it. Those curls, that face, those eyes — they all seemed so alike.

The question I now have on my mind is who does it belong to? Perhaps someone from one of my previous lifetime? Or someone that came out of a dream?

I brushed off those thoughts as I distracted myself by making new drinks for the customers. But every now and them, I stole a small glance of her. Wandering amidst the men, who seemed to enjoy her close presence, she redirected her attention towards where I was standing. Flustered, I looked away.

"I hear you calling me," she sang as she ambled her way near me, moving in an elegant passion.

"And oh, the ringing gladness of your voice! The words that made my longing heart rejoice," her voice illuminated throughout the tavern, all eyes were on her. Her vocals sparkled passion and power as she moved closer to me. "You spoke, – do you remember? – and my heart still hears the distant music of your voice."

She then made her way towards the counter where I stayed. Heat rose to my face as she trifled with the other men before coming close to where I was. Promenading towards me, I tried to divert my attention by scrubbing the filthy glasses.

"I hear you calling me," I hear a soft, angelic voice sing behind me. I turned towards the singer, my face beet red as she sat on the table, motioning for me to come closer.