hollow

(her bones are hollow. this fragility is both a curse and a blessing.
it's a little known fact, one that she held close to her chest to protect herself. she doesn't want people to know how fragile she is, how easily she can break.
on the other hand, she can soar. her bones let her fly higher than what she could ever dream.
it's freedom at the cost of fragility.
the ironic part is she can't afford either right now, as she stands against the brick wall of an alleyway.
she can hear the old pipes inside the apartment as they creak and groan, angered at the sluggish cold.)

The figure appears suddenly from the dark, the glass eyepieces of the mask glinting from flickering fluorescent streetlights. The figure gestures to (Y/n), a quick beckoning motion.

She heard another heartbeat; someone was hidden from view. She hesitated to follow. The figured didn't scurrying off into the dark and (Y/n) chased after. The other person, the one hidden from view, stepped out behind her. "We need to put a bag over your head," they said, waving a hand dismissively. "Security and all that."

"Thanks for telling me." They laughed at her response. Did that sound sarcastic?

The world went dark and her skin heated as the bag went over her head. (Y/n) saw fuzzy points of light go past as the pair hurried her over rough ground. She tripped once or twice and the person she didn't see laughed deep and earnest.

(Y/n) heard the creaking of a gate, the opening and shutting of doors, and the squeak of shoes over clean floors. She smelled bleach and some sort of synthetic lavender air freshener that burned her nostrils. She was either in a hospital or a really clean, rich house. 

The pair hurrying her along paused and she heard shuffling before a loud scraping sound. (Y/n) instinctively brought her hands up, pressing at her ears to shut out the sound and squeezing her eyes shut. The noise stopped.

A hand clamped around her arm, pulling her along. "There are some steps here," they murmured. She descended. 

AN: short chapter sorry!! but more should be coming today or tmrw >:)