Chapter Nine

So Newton marched right up to Kelly's house and hit it really hard with his hand.

Kelly opened it with a glare. "Jesus Newton! My parents are over! What?"

"Kelly," Newton swallowed. "Kelly I've been acting weird lately. It's because I have anxiety about the baby and I'm afraid of being a father and I though I should tell you because my therapist said so. Also my therapist is really nice and I think she likes me like a . . . a uh . . . I dunno like a love interest or something. I like her too because she's really pretty and if I ever get over my anxiety I want to have kids with her too. Also yesterday she told me that I would probably win a Nobel prize for being the best father ever."

"Newty, I don't think they have Nobel prizes for the best dads," Kelly said.

Then Newton had the biggest and dopiest grin even and he hugged Kelly the tightest he's ever hugged anyone. And Kelly laughed and Newton laughed too. Then Kelly invited him inside and Newton had a really good day talking to her parents. Her parents were really nice old people who had really pudgy love handles and they loved Newton because they thought he was "charming." Newton liked them because the were "charming" and they made him feel nice about himself and Evelyn.

***

Newton went home that afternoon and he changed into some of his new clothes. He put on a long sleeve white dress shirt and a blue tie and some blue jeans. And he thought he looked good and like a dad would.

Then he got a knock on his door and he got up and he opened the door and he saw Evelyn standing there.

And Newton thought she looked really nice. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I wanted to . . . well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out," she said.

"I'm . . . sure," Newton said. And he thought he sounded like a real man on a real date or something. He felt real for once and he liked not being a class A jerk. "What did you want to do?"

"I wanted to just hang out," she said. "Maybe we could hang here?"

"Yeah. Yeah, sure," Newton agreed.

"You look nice," Evelyn told him. "Really."

"Thanks. So do you," he returned.

Evelyn satin his couch and Newton sat next to her.

"So . . uh . . . you wanna hold hands?" Evelyn asked.

"Why not?" Newton chuckled, with a smile. So before she could, Newton grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

And Evelyn squeezed it back and smiled too. "What about . . . do you want to . . . do you want to kiss me?"

Newton blushed. And for once he blushed. "I've never kissed anyone before. Like I've kissed people but they've always kissed me."

"But do you want to? Do you want to kiss me right now?"

"Sure, but that would be rude, wouldn't it?" Newton said. "I mean, we're only hanging out."

Evelyn laughed. "Kiss me on the cheek."

"Why?"

"Because I know you want to and it's time you do something you want to do." Evelyn said.

"OK." so Newton bent forward and kissed Evelyn's cheek. "There."

"Now, kiss me right here," Evelyn said, pointing at the corner of her mouth.

"I . . . OK." so this time, Newton put his hand on Evelyn's waist and kissed her slowly on the corner of her mouth.

"Did you like that?" she asked.

"Yeah, did you?"

"Uh-huh. Now, kiss me right her," she said. She pointed to the side of her neck.

"I don't know," Newton sighed.

"C'mon, you want to and so do I," she said.

Newton nodded and closed his eyes. He put his hand on Evelyn's thigh and she put her hand on the back of Newton's head. Newton bent his head down and kissed Evelyn's neck. Then he continued kissing her neck up and down until she fisted his hair.

"I told you," she said when he stopped.

"What?"

"That you wanted that," she elaborated. "I told you."

"What if you didn't want that?" Newton asked.

"Well you don't know until you try," Evelyn said. "And your hand was right too."

"I'm not a little boy," Newton said, squinting.

"But you are a class A jerk."

And that was the end of their hang out.

Thanks to the song above.