033

As the car started to drive away, Dahyun stared at her family and she watched as the figures became smaller and smaller until they were completely gone. She then comfortably rested her back at her seat and sighed as her eyes remained at the side window, watching as the scenery slowly changed. Noticing the silence that lurked inside the cab, she glanced at the male who sat beside her, and like her, he was just staring at the window.

"Jungkook."

"Hmm?" Jungkook snapped out of his daze and looked at her with a smile.

"You're quiet," she commented.

"Ahhh," he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, "Should I tell you a story instead to keep you entertained?"

"No," she shook her head. "I was just saying that this part of you is so unusual."

He gave a small smile before mumbling, "I'm just thinking of the place and people that we left behind. I'd surely miss them."

"Then, you could visit them sometime," she suggested.

"Really?" he asked with a hopeful smile.

She just nodded as she answered, "I think my mom likes you. You've befriended the three too... so I don't think there would be any problem if you'd come visit again."

"I envy you for having such a great family," Jungkook whispered.

Suddenly, Dahyun remembered Taehyung saying the same exact words. She gave a bitter smile as she replied, "So I've been told."

There was a mischievous smile on Jungkook's lips as he said, "So... does this mean that me courting you is okay for your family?"

"Even if they're okay, as long as I say no, there's nothing you could do, Jeon Jungkook," she playfully glared at him.

He groaned in complaint and she chuckled in reply.

But then, Dahyun noticed how Jungkook just stared at her for a moment so she asked, "Why?"

"Are you sure that you're okay now?" he worriedly asked.

She shrugged her shoulders before her gaze fell on the window once more, "I don't know but I just can't keep running away from my problems like this."

"Hmmm," Jungkook nodded in approval. Then, a short silence formed between the two until Jungkook said, "I have a very random question in mind."

"What is it?" she asked as she turned towards him.

"Why didn't you pursue photography?"

"I actually dreamt of travelling the world and freezing every special moment into a photograph or trapping every beauty in a photo. But it was too expensive," she answered. "I can't possibly battle with others using an outdated camera. Besides, it's hard to find a job with such course. I needed something that could make me and my family alive."

"But it's what you love to do, right?" he asked again.

She gave a sad smile before nodding. She sighed yet again before whispering, "But practicality outweighed my love for photography. I decided to let go because I thought that it was not meant for me."

"Do you still love photography?" he asked.

"It was my first love," she mumbled, "And truthfully, a part of me yearns for it every time."

"You could always start where you stopped. Dreams are for keeping anyways," Jungkook beamed.

"You're so optimistic about everything," Dahyun commented before chuckling, "I think it's my turn now to ask a very random question."