Getting to Know You

warning: mention of underage drinking and a teenager kissing an adult.

Over the next couple weeks, Jungkook got more comfortable with Taehyung's friend group and the two always walked to class after lunch. They would text each other on a nightly basis, but it never went farther then talking about school.

One day after lunch when the two were walking to their classes, Jungkook said to Taehyung, "This Saturday is my birthday and I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone at the table because I am only allowed to invite a few people over, but I wanted to know if you could come over. You can invite Jimin and my brother said he could bring Yoongi if he wanted."

"I don't have anything planned, so I can come over, and I will ask Jimin if he has any

plans."

Jungkook perked up a little and said, "Okay great, I'll text you the details and then let me know if Jimin and Yoongi are going to come."

"Sounds good, I'll ask Jimin on the way home and let you know," Taehyung said as the two separated to go to their classes.

On the car ride home after school, Taehyung says to Jimin, "I have a big favor to ask."

"What?"

"Jungkook invited us to his house on Saturday for his birthday, he said you can invite Yoongi."

"That sounds fun, you made it sound like you wanted me to commit a crime with you or something."

"Okay, thanks."

"You gonna tell me about it?" Jimin asks.

"Tell you what?"

"I get the feeling this is about more than just going to his house this weekend."

Taehyung stayed silent for a few minutes but Jimin tried to reassure him, "Tae, whatever it is, you can talk to me."

Finally, Taehyung spoke up, "I think I like him. Like him like him. But it is just really complicated because you know I have been struggling with my sexuality and I have no idea what my parents would think."

"Tae, I know this is a lot, but I am here for you to talk to. Okay."

"I know you are, but sometimes it is just hard to put things into words."

"I get that, but first of all do you know if he is gay? This worrying you're doing may not even be worth it."

"He told me his was gay, he didn't want me to be uncomfortable with being his mentor so he let me know up front. That's how I knew he wasn't looking for a girlfriend."

"Have you said anything to him, have you talked about any of this?" Jimin asked.

"No, I am struggling a little with all this. I think he is very good looking and he is interesting and nice. I just don't want this to be some experiment stage, he doesn't deserve that," Taehyung explained.

"I understand that. But you were questioning your attraction to girls before even meeting him. Plus, everything is not black and white, you can be attracted to all genders."

"You are right, maybe I am scared because I really like him."

"Just take it slow, you don't have to jump into anything right away."

"You are right Jiminie, I should talk to him, but at school and over text just doesn't seem right."

"We will think of something."