Books and Covers and Societal Prejudices

Most high schools have their clicks and Johnson High was no different.

Taehyung and Jimin were popular students, they weren't jocks but they hung out with the "cool kids" and were in the gifted program. Luckily, being smart didn't make you a nerd and the students in the gifted program were treated better and received more perks then Gen Pop. Don't get the wrong idea, if you were a geeky nerd that didn't know how to socialize, then you would definitely get bullied.

It was also a good thing that most students were not homophobic, but some students and teachers would tolerate it but still weren't personally accepting of it. Jimin was more open about his sexuality, he didn't really make a big deal about it but he wouldn't hide it if someone asked. Most students already knew his boyfriend, Yoongi, because Yoongi had graduated two years ago. Taehyung was more reserved about his sexuality because honestly, he just had come to terms with the fact that he like guys. He had dated a few girls but he just never felt more than friends. At first, he didn't think he was gay because he was so different from Jimin when it came to sexuality. After many talks with Jimin and Yoongi, he realized that sexuality wasn't neatly defined, and that "gay" was such a broad term. Jimin made sense when he said, "Yoongi and I both like guys and we have different personalities and while I am more touchy-feely, Yoongi is more reserved. And that is the same with hets, some straight people are more outward with their sexuality than others."

Yoongi went to the local college, so he was often still hanging out with Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin and Taehyung also became friends with some of Yoongi's new friends that he met at college. Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jin often would hang out on the weekends.

It was the first day of school and though Jimin and Taehyung were not happy about going back to school, they were happy to be starting their senior year. They were also pretty excited about turning 18 soon, Jimin in about a month and Taehyung in about three months. Being a senior also meant that they were able to drive to school because parking spots were limited and so only seniors could drive and park at school.

Jimin had the car, so he offered to drive Taehyung to and from school since Taehyung's house was on the way for Jimin. Jimin and Taehyung had just pulled up into their parking spot and were getting their backpacks out of the trunk. Taehyung mindlessly stepped back and unknowingly stepped into the path of a person on a skateboard heading towards him. Taehyung had seen the person, a boy he had never seen before, from the corner of his eye but the boy was going fast and Taehyung just sort of froze. The boy stopped rather quickly, but the board popped out from under him and it hit Taehyung in the ankle. Taehyung jumped and then let out a little yelp.

"What the hell?" Jimin yelled at the boy

The boy took off his headphones and calmly said, "He stepped right in my path, I stopped as fast as a could."

"Well, you were going to fast for the parking lot and you were riding awful close. He only stepped back a little," Jimin protested.

"Whatever, dude."

"Dude? Did you really just call me dude?"

The whole time that Jimin and the boy were fighting, Taehyung just stood there because he was unable to take his eyes off the boy with jet black hair falling over one eye, his big (almost black) brown eyes, and several ear piercings.

"Fine," the boy responded sarcastically, "I am sorry that I ran into you even though you stepped right in my way." He made his eyes even wider and sort of shook his head back in forth very close to Taehyung's face.

This made Taehyung snap out of his gaze and he meekly said, "No problem."

The boy picked up his skateboard and jumped back on it. As he skated by, he gave Taehyung a wink.