chapter 1

Thank you guys SOOOOO much for reading this!! :) it's my first story i've actually commited to writing, and I hope you guys like it!! Please, vote, comment, do SOMETHING so i know i should keep writing it! This is the ROUGH DRAFT, so there might be some stuff that doesn't make sense. Oh, and "Bea" is pronounce like BEE for those of who who didn't know... I love you my little snowflakes!!  Until next time my dears..... :D

“Run Bea! Run!”  Matt yelled as he pushed me ahead of him. “I can’t go any farther! I’m too tired,” I panted, not wanting to look back.

                “You have to! If you don’t we BOTH die! Now go!” I shrieked as he pushed my back, and I felt his hand slide down my shirt, and then leave me altogether. “Don’t look back! Run! Run!” Matt screamed, and I started crying, listening to his shrieks as I ran even farther away, away from my best friend.

·             

                I woke up with a start, looking around as I realized I was safe. I hated those dreams; the dreams that always brought up the past I was trying to run away from. I wiped my tears away, trying to make it look like I was fixing my black eyeliner. I was in English class, and I was supposed to be reading about The Odyssey; who could blame me for falling asleep? 

                “Goldilocks, are you ok?” Sarah nudged me as the teacher passed by. Sarah, with her dark black hair and bright blue eyes, always sat next to me in English, and it was nice to have someone who wasn’t afraid to be seen near me, and someone who cared enough to call me a nickname. “Did you have the dream again?” I nodded, and held my breath, trying not to cry. “Oh hun, it’ll be ok, trust me! It’s just a dream, there’s no way you actually had your best friend get killed by a shadow,” Sarah patted my back, and turned back to her work. “If only it was that easy,” I thought.

                Matty I miss you. Why did I have to leave you? Or even agree to go with you? I knew that the woods were haunted, or at least that’s what the stories said, but I never would have thought that I would have left without my best friend….

¨        

                “Are you sure this is ok? People say the Western Woods are haunted, and that no one ever comes out…” I trailed off as we approached the entrance. I wasn’t so much afraid of the woods itself, more of what was rumored to be inside. Giant spiders, shadows that can strangle you, and worst of all? An evil witch that liked to lure kids into her house. “Stop complaining Bea! Nothing’s going to happen. What? Do you think the witch wants to eat a whiny, scrawny piece of meat like you?” Matt pushed his shoulder into me and sighed, looking into the forest. “Well, here goes nothing,” Matt grabbed my arm, and started to drag me into the woods.

                “What do we even need in here? We don’t need any food, and we most definitely don’t need a witch!” I said, smirking as I saw him react to my whining. “Shut up Bea, just walk, and maybe we won’t get killed tonight,” He laughed, but stopped when he saw my expression. “Oh come on! I was kidding. No one is going to die, except that witch if she even thinks about touching you.” I was glad that it was too dark to see my cheeks flush. I love Matty, even if he sometimes doesn’t think about what he says until after he says it.

¨        

          The bell woke me up (again), and I started for 4th period. Why do I have to come to school today? Every year, on this day, the dreams are the worst, and I fall asleep almost every 30 minutes to those horrible flashbacks. August 21st, the worst day of the year. Doesn’t help that its m- “Happy birthday Beatrice!” my eccentric teacher yelled as I walked into my geometry class. “Thanks….” I sat down, and put my head on my desk, trying and failing to fight the urge to fall asleep…..

¨        

        “Matty, is that it?” I asked, feeling a chill go up my spine as he came up behind me. “Ya Bea, that’s it. And that is exactly where I’m going,” Matt started to walk past me, as I processed what he was saying. “Wait! You can’t leave me! I need a protector,” I pulled him back as I stomped my foot. “Well, here’s a stick. Be your own protector. I need to get that book. It’s the only way to get rid of this prophecy,” he said as he backed away. “Again with that stupid prophecy? Why are you so bent on getting rid of it?” I asked. “What’s wrong with just living with it…?” I mumbled to the ground.

        “Is that what you’re worried about? That I don’t feel that way about you?” Matt wrapped his arms around me.  “Bea, of course I love you! I just don’t want to be married to you with 4 kids!” I backed up, and sat down on a log after I realized what he just said. “Oh shit, Bea I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way!” Matt followed me, and sat with his arm around me. I pulled close to him and started sobbing. “Hey, keep it down hun, we are WAY too close to the witch for comfort,” Matty whispered. “A little bit closer than you thought!” We heard, and then everything went black.